Last minute disaster

Options
Hey everyone,
I hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas period ;). Unfortunately I somehow managed to enjoy it a little too much over the last month. Here comes my disaster... I have my best friend's wedding in one week and I don't fit into my maid of honour dress anymore. I have gained about 3-4 kg and thought it would be ok but to my horror this morning I can zip up the dress. Any idea how I can lose that weight quickly?? I know it's not a long term solution etc... but I just need a real quick fix

Replies

• atyrone
    atyrone Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Starve!
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It doesn't sound like it'll be possible if you don't want to be passing out at your best friend's wedding. I'd recommend seeing if you can get an adjustment or invest in a corset or similar if it'd work with the dress type - or modify the dress to close with strings or similar and cover the zipper area with a nice shawl!
  • dinabank
    dinabank Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know someone who did a colon cleanse; it won't be permanent weight loss, but if your problem is bloating in the abdominal area it can get rid of it.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'd see a good tailor and have them adjust the dress. If that isn't possible, then maybe go super low carb for a week to drop some quick water weight and invest in some good compression undergarments.
  • johnmfp68
    johnmfp68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Dukan diet. Lose weight quick.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Low carb, lots of water, spanks
  • atowinram
    atowinram Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Drop your carbs to 25% of your diet ASAP...it will take off 5 lbs water weight. Just be sure to compensate the calories with some natural fats (meats & hard cheeses) and a little extra protein so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Gentle detox tea can also help with abdominal bloating. Good luck!
  • rdfaye
    rdfaye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Cutting your calories will help with water weight (see above tips), and Spanx can help with the rest.
  • UltraTacks
    UltraTacks Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    atowinram wrote: »
    Drop your carbs to 25% of your diet ASAP...it will take off 5 lbs water weight. Just be sure to compensate the calories with some natural fats (meats & hard cheeses) and a little extra protein so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Gentle detox tea can also help with abdominal bloating. Good luck!

Starvation mode is a myth
  • ConcordDiet
    ConcordDiet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A more accurate label for "Starvation Mode" is simply the "Fat Storage" mechanism.
  • UltraTacks
    UltraTacks Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Call it whatever you want... No such thing.