Just joined...

NrthrnLghts81
NrthrnLghts81 Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I just turned 35, and I've became very unhealthy. I even ended up in the emergency room on the first day of our week long vacation this last August for our first NASCAR experience. What a treat that was not being able to enjoy any activities or foods. Let alone the issue will now follow me the rest of my life. So my plan was to get healthy, and get to a point where we can enjoy life together.

That being said we just found we can't have children. Yes, I've been hearing everyone's miracle stories. I'm happy for those folks, but please don't put that on us. I don't wanna hear about this that or the other thing, or that we have options. We aren't ignorant. We know ourselves, and we are grieving right now. We are also trying to figure out our next step in life. We still want to get healthy to enjoy what ever life brings us.

So, I decided to join Slimgenics. I need the learning, the jump start, and the support. So I'm asking if you're on it, have been on it, or would like to be on it, please add me as a friend. But even if you'd just like to add me as a friend in general I am more than open to accept new friends, and support.

Thank you!

Replies

• Bellipong
    Bellipong Posts: 27 Member
    Hi NrthnLghts81. I'm 56 and from England. I haven't heard of Slimgenics but I've tried Weight Watchers and Slimming World. Is it like these? I want to start eating more healthily and mindfully. Hope we can support and motivate each other!
  • jieshika89
    jieshika89 Posts: 7 Member
    I would love to help motivate you if you help motivate me I have tried weight watchers and it didn't work but I have to get this calorie counting thing to work for me, my son is worth it.... I'm only 27 but it's such a struggle with my depression... anyway add me!
  • NrthrnLghts81
    NrthrnLghts81 Posts: 5 Member
    It's very different from Weight Watchers and more costly. It also makes you more accountable, and you do have to use some of their product in order for them to guarantee that you loose weight. But otherwise I signed up for it because they tell you what to eat and how much to eat. You just have to buy the real foods and prepare it. So for me that's a lot of knowledge versus struggling to figure it out.
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    I'll be here to support you. Feel free to add me. :)