Bj's Restaurant & Brewhouse

Options
Hello all,
I"m going to eat here today and wanted to see if anyone on a healthy eating journey has eaten here and what they had.......

Replies

• cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We love that place! Check if they have a webiste -perhaps they list food & nutritional values. If they do not list nutritional values ( i.e. calories) ;pick a food and break it down in the MFP database. We find it best to have a plan and "guestimated" idea of calories prior to going out to any restaurant. Bottom line...and regardless of what you order..do not beat yourself up. Enjoy.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    bump

going there later this week for a family celebration...:smile:
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Yum, love BJ's - can't say that I've ever looked for anything healthy on their menu, though... but it's so extensive I'm sure you can find something - aim for a broiled/baked chicken/fish, with steamed veggies, and avoid things with sauces, pasta, etc...
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I always get the tilapia meal. It comes w/tilapia, rice and veggies. It think it's around 500-600 cals, not sure. And very yummy. :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a Pizza place?
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I went there a few weeks back and got the tomato caprese salad and the chicken a la fresca. It was DELICIOUS but so full of sodium my feet hurt the next day because I was so swollen. Low-ish calories though. 277 and 512 respectively. Not horrible for a night out. They have flatbread pizzas that look pretty good too.
  • PinkZeppelin
    Options
    They actually have a new menu with about 5 items that are 575 (or maybe 650) calories or less. I get the Chicken Fresca which is rice and grilled chicken. They have some other things as well, but they didn't appeal to me. If anything, just get something and eat only half, eat the rest some other day.

Edit:
    It's the Chicken a la Fresca. 512 calories, it's pretty much some grilled veggies, rice, and chicken. It's really good actually, the only problem is that it has 2.2k sodium.
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    thanks guys....will let you know what I got...