Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Rash

Seem to be getting a red rash around the left side belly fat fold.. I never had it before and wonder if it is sagging skin issue from my weight loss. It is about the size of a mouth and looks like a lips kiss.. lol --- it's not. Any suggestions on what to use on it?

Replies

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    I'd have a doctor look at it. It could be anything.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    it went away for a few weeks, now came back again. .hmmm I use the Nystatin powder so will see what happens.
  • ekim2016
    rash back again.. I keep it clean and dry and put the Nystatin powder on it but it is not clearing up. The derm I saw told me it would go away but has not ugh!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Then go back to them again.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    OP - please go back to your Dr. as quickly as you can. Skin conditions can deteriorate VERY quickly.

Using myself as an example, a skin fold that happened to be alongside a very old cesarean scar actually broke down and began to bleed, it started as a rash too...after that it was truly a bugger and took a long time to heal.
  • TinaKen2016
    TinaKen2016 Posts: 8 Member
    Try to keep it really dry..I use a blow dryer to be sure it's really dry and then put some corn starch on it..it sounds weird but it worked for me. I went to the Dr and she gave me the nystatin powder and a cream to use. She said it looked like a yeast infection on my skin, possibly because my blood sugar was high. Of course she suggested dieting. Good luck
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I said this in the loose skin thread, but my doctor gave me a cream, I can't recall the exact name of it, but it was a combination of anti-fungal (clotrimazole) and steroid (betamethasone, I think). That worked really well.

Losing more weight will help, because residual fat left in skin prevents it from shrinking back and keeps it stretched out. Loose skin will still be a problem, but the more fat left clinging to it, the looser it will be. The more you lean out, the more potential it has to shrink.

I no longer have rashes, and mine used to be really bad.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited December 2016
    Try lotrimin cream at your drugstore.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2016
    I used to get something like that under the front of my belly. I'd wash it with antiseptic slin cleanser (this one, to be specific https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-antiseptic-skin-cleanser/ID=prod6051051-product?ext=gooPLA_-_All_Products&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6048601&sst=77b211f0-67eb-410d-9aa1-810fff0565fe ) , apply desitin cream and tuck toilet paper under it. It would start clearing up in a few days. Now that I've lost a bunch of weight I don't get it anymore...
    HOWEVER I don't know what your condition is or how serious it is, so if the usual home remedies aren't working, it's doctor territory.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited December 2016
    ogtmama wrote: »
    I'd have a doctor look at it. It could be anything.

This.
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    rash back again.. I keep it clean and dry and put the Nystatin powder on it but it is not clearing up. The derm I saw told me it would go away but has not ugh!

OP, please have it checked out again. :)
  • ekim2016
    doc prescribed Econazole cream antifungal and it appears to be getting better but slowly... thanks all for you input!