How long till people noticed?

Options
So is it the amount of weight lost that other people notice on us, or is the passage of time along with the amount of weight lost important to it really showing? Like say you drop 25 pounds in 3-4 months, will it show up as much then or will your body show the same pounds loss a little better or more noticeably after another 3-4 months, or year?

The last time I dropped 20-25 pounds I was a little surprised that hardly anyone noticed. Not that someone noticing is important, but still, it's nice to lose the weight and people notice. If that makes sense. Maybe I just needed another 5-10 lost, who knows......

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I started at 202 (about 20 lbs into obese territory) and it took about 30 lbs until people noticed.

If you are wearing the same clothes or baggy new clothes, don't expect people to notice.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    17 for me. Since I was exercising quite a bit the body recomp made it a more dramatic transformation.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I like it alyssa! Well said. And I don't wear tight closes to show off my bod or hopefully the possible increase in tone and muscle that this older body might be putting back in the right places. So that probably contributes to people not noticing. I tend to show weight gain in my face (jowls) and that seems to take longer then usual to show up. I usually can pretty quickly 'feel' the difference in pants fitting looser and more room in my shirts. But Karma will bite me for sure if I start buying new clothes for the new pounds. I feel like I should keep three sections in my closet, "the high weight " section, the "I am dieting" section and the "at my low" section. I would never need new clothes again.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Mine was 10 pounds, but I'm tall so I feel like 10 pounds on me looks like 15 pounds on someone shorter.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    People who see you everyday are less likely to notice, especially if it is a gradual thing, until you have lost a significant amount. Last time after losing 35 pounds many people started to comment. Fortunately they didn't comment when I gained 35 pounds of the 63 I lost.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sporadically after about 10 lbs, most comments after 20 lbs.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    At 40-45 pounds, about nine months. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I started at 220...220 to 200 wasn't all that noticeable...I always carried my weight well and a lot of that came off of my appendages and such. 200 to 190 was noticeable in that I lost a bunch of weight in my face and my belly started to shrink noticeably...190 to 180 was night and day.

Also, people may very well notice...but one's weight or losing weight, etc is generally a taboo kind of topic so a lot of people will never say a word.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    With consistent weight loss the old adage is pretty accurate
    1. one month for you to notice
    2. two months for people that see you regularly to notice
    3. three months for everyone to notice

seemed pretty accurate, almost to the day for how it happened for me.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Good comments Cwolfman and Riffraff2, very cool.