Sugar??

Options
I 've been on here for about 2 months now and am completely obsessed with the site, but just recently in the past week or so have started noticing that I'm going over sugar. Mostly fruit and yogurt I think. Like just from breakfast today I'm already 7 grams over! Is this a big deal? How does this affect my weight loss? Any suggestions for good foods that are low in sugar? Also please feel free to comment on my food diary with tips and suggestions :) Thanks!

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    if its from fruit, its natural sugar, its ok to go over that but if its other kinds of sugar, u may want to cut those out.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I don't count the sugar in my fruit as sugar intake.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I changed my sugar setting ...as long as its healthy sugar from fruits, veggies etc....your fine....
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this in a bad way, but after looking at your food diary I don't think you are eating enough calories! Please do research on 'starvation mode'.
  • BarbieHier
    BarbieHier Posts: 29
    Options
    If sugar or anything sugar' 'related' (corn syrup, etc.) is listed in the first five ingredients of a food, skip it altogether!

I can also gain from too much fruit...my body hangs onto any kinds of carbs and my loss will slow dramatically from eating a lot of fruits... I have to keep to the low glycemic fruits and I do better with those.

Keep track of that and make sure you are getting enough protein too.