One year later- same weight :(

I've started this journey so many f&@ing times. And I know I'm not alone in that frustration. But I swore 2016 was going to be my year. And it started off great. I had a lightbulb of "consistency is key" and lost about 20 lbs. Then I just plateaued and then got frustrated and lazy with tracking. And then *drumroll* I broke my leg.

I "only" gained 10 lbs with the broken leg. But lol that has brought me back to exactly where I was a year ago!

I hate putting weight loss into the new year's resolution- because let's be honest, every day is a new day and I don't wait for a magical number on the calendar to get motivated. But, like so many others, I'm doing this again with the new year starting. I still have at least 4 weeks until I can walk again. I'm out of my cast and back to work, just still non-full weight bearing and using a knee scooter to get around.

I hope that I can be more consistent this time around. I've been on-again/off-again tracking since the summer, so really this is about daily tracking and getting control of my nighttime bingeing. Yesterday was great, but then there was a chocolate orange in the house and a "meh, I've had a long day, I'm eating this" attitude.

I thought I'd just throw this little story out there and try to connect with others on the Motivation board here. If anyone wants to add me and view my food diary, please feel free!

For my stats, I'm a 36 y/o woman, married, mother of one (one cute 5-year-old boy), work full-time and weigh 199 lbs. My long-term goal is 145 but honestly I'm focused on clothing size and confidence, so if I can get to 160 and that gets me to a size 8 I'd be beyond thrilled to be out of double-digit clothing sizes. When I don't have a broken leg, I love weight lifting, running and walking. My long-term fitness goal is to one day run a marathon.

Replies

• mummyadele84
    mummyadele84 Posts: 22 Member
    :)
  • weightwatcher490
    weightwatcher490 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi there - in the last 2 years, I have had 4 hip operations- the last 2 were to finally replace my hips. I am 52 now. Anyway, I gained weight during that time, but mostly due to my eating habits. I actually exercise quite a bit. I remember when I went to WW regularly, these older ladies were coming in weekly and pretty consistently losing weight.....not because they were slaving away at the gym but because they were monitoring their food. The truth is, (and I know you know this) it's a ratio of what you take in compared to what your body need. I don't know how tall you are, but perhaps going back to an eating plan a tracking your food will make the most difference. Think of exercise as something you do for your overall health but not something you do to manage your weight. I love those chocolate oranges too.....but I remind myself, if I eat it, I have to track it. Very often I will actually choose not to eat something because I don't want to have to write it down!
    To your point of being in the same place as you were last year...I have my own struggles and feel your pain. I am still exercising, because that is just something I have always done (former fitness instructor) but now, I am tracking again. At the moment, I am working on more low carb as I have learned, carbs are not my friends...good luck to you!
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Just think... you could have gained and been 10 lbs heavier today than a year ago. Maintenance is a success. Now just move forward with your goals (today, not January 1).