Good baked wings recipe?

Options
bobbiedr
bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
I really want chicken wings for dinner. But I want to have them baked. I've never baked wings before, only deep fried.

Anyone got any good baked wing recipes?

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Found this one, looks easy and good...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/baked-buffalo-wings/detail.aspx
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    are you talking about hot wings? ... I just baste every 10 minutes with wing sauce and then add more as you like when you take them out of the oven. It's best to put them on a rack over a baking sheet so they are not laying in the fat that cooks out.

If you prefer breaded, wisk a couple of egg whites with a TBS of water...add whatever seasonings you desire into your favorite bread crumps. Panko crumbs work best. dip wings in egg wash then roll in your bread crumbs. Place on rack over baking sheet, spray lightly with cooking spray and bake until brown and crispy. If you put them on the baking sheet they will not be crispy and the crumbs will absorb all the fat If you want hot sauce, add when you remove from oven.
  • takemeaway10
    Options
    1) As far as flavors go, I like garlic parmesan and Asian-style (which requires a sauce; you don't want that).
    2) All wing recipes are the same: season with a pinch of dish and a dash of that, then back on 350-400 degrees for 40 minutes-1 hr.

Tips:
    -Speaking on tips, discard of your rib tips. I like keeping them, but they just cook faster and get burnt.
    -Don't let them cook in their own fat. Have a rack that will allow the fat to drop to a shallow dish.
    -Brine your meat: Gets the good flavors on the inside. Also makes for a juicier wing.
    -Dry them with a paper towel or let them sit in the fridge and air dry. This way, the skin will be dry and crispy.

We have chicken wings every Sunday and they barely cause a dent in our diet (even with sauce). Enjoy!
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    This is hands-down my favorite: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/good-eats/buffalo-wings-recipe/index.html

Alton Brown steams them first to get rid of a lot of the fat, they chill in the fridge to dry out (gets a crispier skin), then bakes on a rack over a pan in the oven. These are outstanding, and a good fake-out for fried wings (yum.... thanks for making me crave them now!)

It's a little bit more time consuming, but sooooo worth it, IMO.
  • drelolif
    drelolif Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @Lolyballs sounds like a good way to make breaded wings. @takemeaway10 best wings ever
  • takemeaway10
    Options
    I can attest to this!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    are you talking about hot wings? ... I just baste every 10 minutes with wing sauce and then add more as you like when you take them out of the oven. It's best to put them on a rack over a baking sheet so they are not laying in the fat that cooks out.

If you prefer breaded, wisk a couple of egg whites with a TBS of water...add whatever seasonings you desire into your favorite bread crumps. Panko crumbs work best. dip wings in egg wash then roll in your bread crumbs. Place on rack over baking sheet, spray lightly with cooking spray and bake until brown and crispy. If you put them on the baking sheet they will not be crispy and the crumbs will absorb all the fat If you want hot sauce, add when you remove from oven.

Wow great directions! I love me some hot wings!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I really want chicken wings for dinner. But I want to have them baked. I've never baked wings before, only deep fried.

Anyone got any good baked wing recipes?

I never have fried them.... I always bake them. No matter what recipe you use they will turn out great!