I can do this

Options
I have put off losing weight and getting in shape for so long that it has caught up to me and affected my health. 26 is too young for physical therapy for deteriorating joints. I want to lose 50 pounds by 12/31/2017, and I will do all that it takes. Support and suggestions are greatly appreciated as I begin this lifestyle change.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    You've set yourself a reasonable time frame to achieve your goal so that's a good start.

You may find it helpful to plan your daily menu in advance so as you can ensure you are meeting your daily allowance. Weigh or measure everything that passes your lips for accurate calories. Some foods are best weighed eg pasta, cereal. Liquids are best being measured by the volume.

One tip, you won't lose weight every day or even every week and weight can fluctuate on a daily basis for a variety of reasons. This is normal, carry on as normal. As long as the long term trend is down all is good.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    50lbs in a year is a great goal! Some people try to start with unrealistic goals so you're already in a good frame of mind off the bat. You can do this!