Workout Help

Options
I am trying to get in a healthier routine and just want to look better for my own self confidence. I'm wanting to tone my body and workout on a normal basis. I was wanting to know the best workouts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• tofuligan
    tofuligan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this will sound generic, but you never know what will work for you, and we're all different! I'd recommend just trying anything you can get your hands on and do it at least three times before writing it off. Jump roping? A hula hoop? HIIT? Barre? Racing people up and down the stairs? Heck, I even took up running and turns out I love what I thought I loathed. You can start cheap with the Crunch online videos-- it's like Netflix for workout videos, and try a boatload of things
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    "Toning", generally idealized as "soft" muscle definition, is gained by training muscle. You may or may not need to lose fat but the more fat you lose, the more muscles "pop". That said, resistance training is the workout type you'll want. The rest is finding a program under that tent that you will enjoy and still keep to.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
  • BigChief40ozSteak
    BigChief40ozSteak Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Personally what helped me toned up was when I switched up my workout from high weight low rep to medium weight high reps. Performing high rep burns more calories and give that deep cut we all want.