Eating disorder support groups?

Options
Are there any groups on here that are for eating disorders that support recovery? I've joined one but it doesn't SEEM very active. I'm having a difficult time because I purged on christmas after not purging for 3 weeks straight so the urge is really strong. Plus i have to have 700 more calories today because I ran today which means i need to go to the store but being around all of the food makes me horribly anxious and theres a part of me (a bad part that i don't want to listen to) that keeps telling me that I should just stay where i am and not eat anymore because i'lol lose weight faster and I'm kinda freaking out.

Sorry it turned into a mini rant, just...any help would be much appreciated

Replies

• azariah1127
    azariah1127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any, but I am a big supporter of any type of eating disorder as I have one. I'm actually trying to lose weight because I overeat. If you ever wanna talk, I'm here!
  • hungrigirlxo
    hungrigirlxo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any, but I am a big supporter of any type of eating disorder as I have one. I'm actually trying to lose weight because I overeat. If you ever wanna talk, I'm here!

thank you so much for replying! im just super nervous because I still have 700 calories that I need to eat for dinner and im about to go to the grocery store and I'm so scared that I'm gonna go there and buy a ton of junk and just binge and purge all night and I really can't do that because lately I've been purging blood so I made up my mind that christmas was my last purge. What do you think would be a decent meal for around 700 calories for dinner? and do you have any tips on overcoming anxiety in the grocery store?
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am struggling every day to "recover" as well and absolutely hate grocery stores and have anxiety attacks every time I go. You aren't alone.
  • Ceeceeann
    Ceeceeann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Make a list and a plan so when you get to the store you know exactly what your getting. That way you can be and out quickly.
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a member of many ED groups on here and none are very active. I suggest professional support in any form you can manage it. The national eating disorder website has great resources!!! ED's suck. Sorry you struggling right now
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the above. The only thing that worked for me was professional help in the form of counseling.
    Also, maybe check out an OA group in your area. I've attended OA meetings intermittently over the years with differing levels of success.
  • mactaffy428
    mactaffy428 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you want and we can PM. It is a bummer that the ED support group isn't active; I was looking on it just today. Seems meaningless to post, as no one goes on it.
  • stash1122
    stash1122 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. When I was 19 I spent 8mths in inpatient treatment for eating disorder. Professional help is a must. It is key to figure out why you are binging and purging and deal with the underlying issue. I would be happy to chat with you more if you need someone to talk to. Feel free to friend me and we can chat privately if you want to. God bless you and I will pray for you.