Need good shoes...

Options
dian1227
dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
I really need better shoes for exercise. My ankles and calves are killing me and its affecting my routine.

Anybody with the same problem, or do you know of any good training shoes under 100$ if possible??

Thanks!

D

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Get fit by a pro. You won't be sorry. My Broooks were $100 and I love them, but now I need a new pair!!! They don't last as long as I wish they would!!!!
  • altak9
    altak9 Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree with getting fit by a pro!
  • Fitzgeraldguy
    Options
    I used asics with gel insoles forever, but then I decided to try Reebok's realflex and have been addicted to them ever since. They are really comfortable and help with my landing - preventing ankle and knee injuries.

Best.
  • MysticNightLily82
    Options
    Payless has some walking shoes that are similar to the ones that Sketchers has, but much cheaper. They run $20-$40. I plan to get me a pair.

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10266&skuId=076656085&productId=66204&lotId=076656&category=&catdisplayName=Womens
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike Pegasus! If you find "last year's model" you can get them for around $75. I totally agree about being fit by a pro though - I was fit by a pro with my Nike's and honestly... it was worth it!
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That's a good question, i've been looking on line at reviews of best shoes so far I seena lot of asics.
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    Payless has some walking shoes that are similar to the ones that Sketchers has, but much cheaper. They run $20-$40. I plan to get me a pair.

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10266&skuId=076656085&productId=66204&lotId=076656&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

If you're going to be running - please make sure the shoes you're buying have the proper fit and the proper support. When it comes to this - cheaper isn't always better. Trust me. You don't want to end up with knee, hip or back injuries from wearing the wrong shoes.
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree, getting fit by someone is the way to go. . i have a wide foot but wear Brooks Adrenaline and New Balance(all models) consistenty. I always have several pair on hand. I bought my first pair through the running store I went to, to get fitted, then bought the same online when I could on sale.

Shoes for your feet are a very good investment...
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    That's a good question, i've been looking on line at reviews of best shoes so far I seena lot of asics.

I have a wide foot and can NOT wear Asics at all. But, my sister LOVES them.

They squeeze my feet and actually make my toes go numb. lol.
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'd also recommend Superfeet inserts. I bought New Balance running shoes for $76 and put in $40 superfeet inserts because I tend to get minor shin splints when running. Try some ankle stretches/exercises too. They really do help.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Get fit by a pro if possible. If its not possible, at least try to fit yourself for a shoe. Don't get some random shoe that "seems" ok.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/product/shoe-dog.jsp?cm_re=hp-_-left_1-_-shoe_dog

If you don't know what all that means, you can check out my blog.
  • dinichols
    dinichols Posts: 37
    Options
    Very good advice here...Ive been to 3 different running stores and they have you run a bit in the shoes it really helps to have them fit you. Also take your old pair of shoes with you so they can see the wear pattern. I have a bunion and large feet for a female and they recommended Brooks adrenaline men's shoes along with inserts and the bigger toe box stopped the pain I was having. That was several years ago..now I am actually wearing Nike lunar glides for running and love them. If you aren't running but are doing circuit training or zumba or something look for training shoes - they have more support for side ti side movement with a lot of stop n go. Good luck!