Anyone using pre-made WL programs like Jenny Craig, Medifast, Nutrisystem?

Options
2»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, another vote for frozen dinners from the grocery store. I always have a few Lean Cuisines, bags of frozen veggies, and cans/cartons of soup. When I have one of those days when thinking about what to make would send me right out to the drive through I add the frozen veggies to bulk up either the dinner or the soup. I've tried Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig food and its... edible. I've found 3 or 4 frozen dinners that I honestly like and eat a couple a week. Is it the best possible option? Of course not. But you just do the best you can!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, another vote for frozen dinners from the grocery store. I always have a few Lean Cuisines, bags of frozen veggies, and cans/cartons of soup. When I have one of those days when thinking about what to make would send me right out to the drive through I add the frozen veggies to bulk up either the dinner or the soup. I've tried Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig food and its... edible. I've found 3 or 4 frozen dinners that I honestly like and eat a couple a week. Is it the best possible option? Of course not. But you just do the best you can!

i keep frozen dinners too...lean cuisine chicken in wine sauce is the only one I like...
    frozen veggies and soups.

high in sodium but there is enough protein to make it worth my while, tastes good and is quick
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally done it myself but my friend tried Jenny Craig. She did get thinner... but she gained it all back and more. I tried some of the food and it was alright, some tasted quite good :).
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My question is why are you eating the same thing every day? You don't have to eat only what you think is "healthy". Variety is a good thing. Prepared foods, fast food, cereal for dinner - eat what you want and mix it up. I didn't feel like cooking yesterday. We had cheese, crackers, raw veggies and dip for dinner. It makes it so much easier when all you have to worry about is portion size. (This is not to say that you should entirely ignore macros, but doing so once in a while is not a big deal.)
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is easier to eat the same foods as it takes less mental energy to think about what to eat, how much to eat to stay within calorie limits, etc.
    My question is why are you eating the same thing every day? You don't have to eat only what you think is "healthy". Variety is a good thing. Prepared foods, fast food, cereal for dinner - eat what you want and mix it up. I didn't feel like cooking yesterday. We had cheese, crackers, raw veggies and dip for dinner. It makes it so much easier when all you have to worry about is portion size. (This is not to say that you should entirely ignore macros, but doing so once in a while is not a big deal.)
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is easier to eat the same foods as it takes less mental energy to think about what to eat, how much to eat to stay within calorie limits, etc.

True, but it sure gets boring :D
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm doing nutrisystem and 1-2 days a week I eat normal foods , Its working for me I've lost 42 lbs since Sept. I plan to follow thru with it during my maintenance too and will always keep some on hand for those days I don't want to think about what I'm eating.