20-somethings losing 20-something!

Options
I'm looking for friends in their 20s who are trying to lose 20 to 30 pounds!

I'm 24 and am trying to lose the last 25 pounds to reach goal weight. I'm a bit of a serial starter, I have been chipping away at my weight for the past 3 years. BUT I really want this to be the last time I start so I can just be done!

I'm the kind of person who will be super enthusiastic for your successes and will try to be motivating when I see slip-ups. I'm hoping to add people who would do the same for me! Thank you!

Replies

• gloriannys002
    gloriannys002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm 28 and I've been gaining a lot of weight lately. Today I saw at the scale that I'm at my worst: 150 pounds. My dream goal for the last 3 years has been to go back to my ideal and sexy weight of 125 pounds. Today I would need to lost 25 pounds.

I hope for someone to challenge me without making me feel bad about myself. Somebody to share the success and to compare with.
  • fiendishferret
    fiendishferret Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you need someone to be an accountability buddy, feel free to add me. 26 yrs old, another serial dieter trying to lose the same 20 lbs I lost last year and keep it off this time! I could definitely use someone to remind me to put the cookie down :)
  • danidarling11
    danidarling11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 trying to lose 2 sets of 20s :P add me!
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm 26, 5'6, and 148 lbs. I'm a little ambivalent about my goal weight. When I started, my goal was 120. But I started lifting heavy (it's heavy for me at least) and I think that because I'm trying to save muscle mass, I might end up looking better at a higher weight. I need motivation tho!
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can count me in! I'm 27 and want to lose 30-ish pounds.

I am also a serial starter. I did my best when I lived in a more urban area and was in love with my local yoga studio. Now that I'm in a rural area and more or less on my own, it's so much harder!
  • ejclark4
    ejclark4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and I've been at university for 3 years and unforunately put on quite a bit. I feel so upset about it so I'm ready to hopefully get into gear and lose around 25lbs!
  • NASAwife13
    NASAwife13 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 20...again....lost almost 50 pounds this past year and gained 20 of it back due to one reason or another. Now I am getting married in 8 months, so I want to lose 20-30 to look good on my special day.
  • stacieluvzneyoo
    stacieluvzneyoo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    add meeeeeeee 24 trying to lose 40 ish but 20 is a great start
  • gumdrops32
    gumdrops32 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm 22 and looking to lose around 30. Motivation is needed!! I always start but never have stuck with any program. I am ready for a new beginning :smile:
  • Yael452
    Yael452 Posts: 82 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Feel free to add me!
    I'm 24 (5'3) and would like to lose about 40lbs (so more than 20!). I used to weigh around 120 as a committed runner, but I suffered a debilitating injury in 2012 and forced me off the sidewalks for almost two years! During that time the weight piled on. I've always had an odd relationship with food, so having the accountability and support there to just simply track would be wonderful. I'm so tired of the extra weight. I'm very active, but regardless of calorie burn, what goes in seems to be my downfall.
  • thandyie
    thandyie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Add me as well. I'm 25 and looking to get lose about 25 to 30 pounds. I had done really well the first couple months of this year and lost about 10 pounds but I put it almost all of it back on. Trying to make a change and make it stay.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 26 and also a terrible serial starter. I have been working at losing for about 4 years now, but haven't lost very much in the last 2. I have lost about 70 pounds so far and am really hoping to finally get to my goal in the next six month, which will entail me actually stick to it consistently to lose those last 15-20 pounds.

Here's to hoping this is the last serial start! :)
  • jkinne03
    jkinne03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 26 and looking to lose 30-40 lbs. I'm a serial starter but looking to finally hit my goal this year. I am tired of finding new excuses every year of why I can't be my healthy self! I'd love the encouragement to keep myself accountable
  • callmecandide
    callmecandide Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anyone reading this can feel free to add me too. I love being able to watch, learn, and grow from other members!