HI :)

Options
mazza33
mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
Just want to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Mary from Scotland and I will be 35 this year. I guess since turning 30 the weight has steadily crept on. The problem I have is that I could eat anything I wanted all my life so I have absolutely no idea how to diet, or how to get out of the habit of eating all of my old unhealthy foods (particularly crisps!) What made it worse for me was that I turned to food after my brother died 3 years ago and I recognise now that is how I grieved...I turned to food for comfort. So here I am attempting to turn it around after having a glimpse of my BMI :( Anyway, looking forward to hearing any tips or advice. Thanks x

Replies

• sparkleconverse21
    Options
    You can do it! When I was 8 my parents divorced AND my best friend moved away. I ate so much it was sad, and now I am trying once and for all to get the weight off. I weighed my lowest 20lbs ago my freshman year of high school 3 years ago, and now I want to look the best for my senior year. My advice: try having meatless days. I'm a vegetarian and when I became one freshman year, I dropped 40 pounds. It really helps but is difficult for some, so I recommend trying just one or two days a week without meat. :]
  • mazza33
    Options
    Thank you - that sounds like a great idea. :)
  • sparkleconverse21
    Options
    Oh and quick note: being a vegetarian does not mean eating salad at every meal. I for one don't understand the concept of leaves to fill you up. There are a million recipies out there that are tasty, satisfying, and meat-free.
  • mazza33
    Options
    Thanks for the advice - I have now had a full veggie day....not as bad as it sounds for a carnivore like me :) x