Stitches in knee & need exercise ideas

Options
I recently had an accident that resulted in a knee laceration. I need advice on exercises to do until I get full range of motion in my knee. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Upper body weights. Hand bike for cardio. Pushups. Walking(?). Some core work should be doable.

Just don't overdo it. Let your body heal. Keep your diet in check. You'll be back to your normal routine in no time!
  • mscountrybarb
    mscountrybarb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you esjones12 for your input! I am going to try a short walk today. :smiley:
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Walking is the most underrated exercise out there (I have no data to back that up lol). If you are able to safely walk, definitely put in some time! It's great exercise :)
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There are lots of videos on YouTube for exercising while seated or without having to get out of bed. Moving your arms without stopping can get tiring fast (swim upward motion, treading water, seated boxing, etc.). Best of luck! Recovery can be challenging, especially moving slow if you're not used to it, but you're worth the long term investment! Happy healing to you :)