Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge [Term 13] - 10 Week Challenge after New Years

Options
Kisame29
Kisame29 Posts: 9,520 Member
edited December 2016 in Challenges
HRS1lEw.gif

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 13th term and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply :)

First, some information about what to expect from your term at Hogwarts:

Basics:
  • It is an 10 week term that will run from Monday, January 2nd (with starting weigh-in on 12/30-1/1 - so technically you will join the group just before New Years) through Sunday, March 12th.
  • The term will be themed around the 5th Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), as well as other challenges including some based around the term's theme.
  • All players will be sorted into houses. These are your teams - look to each other for advice, support, and motivation.
  • Each week, players will weigh themselves on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (EST). Weight loss will be totaled up (not by pounds lost, but by percentage, similar to the Muggle television show Biggest Loser) for each house.
  • Houses will be awarded house points based on challenges completed each week.
  • The House Cup will be awarded to the house with the most points at the end of the term!

Benefits:
  • Geek out over all things Harry Potter with like-minded people! The entire challenge is Harry Potter themed, right down to the names of the threads in the group.
  • Make friends and be supported by a fantastic group of people!
  • Get motivated! We'll push you every day with different health-related challenges. Do what you can, and you'll probably find you're more capable than you thought!

For those interested in enrolling in Hogwarts, here is the application form for you to complete: https://hogwartsmfp.typeform.com/to/MxZPYu
-If you have trouble submitting the typeform, feel free to PM me your answers and I will submit them for you

We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out on a place at the school. In order to maintain a similar number of students in each house, students may be invited to join houses other than their first choice. If you list a dealbreaker house (or indicate that you only want your first choice), that will be respected, but you will be less likely to get a place at Hogwarts due to space availability. Please be assured that if we are unable to sort you into a house at this stage, we will place you on the wait list for any openings that arise throughout the term.

Once you have been accepted, a prefect will contact you and you will receive an invitation to the School group and your House Common Room here on MFP. Acceptance owls (as well as Wait List owls) are planned to be sent out around ~12/27 (shortly before term will begin). If you are worried about whether your application was received before than, feel free to send me a PM and I can confirm if it was received. You may submit an application using the typeform during
--If you see this thread after the challenge has begun and want to apply, you may use the typeform application since it will place you on the wait list (although please PM @Kisame29 to be added to the wait list if it has been than one month since this post).

Hogwarts is an equal opportunity school and has openings available for people with all levels of ability, as well as places for students who are maintaining or gaining weight. There are always modifications allowed on the main tasks to allow students of all fitness levels participate.

Questions may be posted here. I hope to see many of you join us at Hogwarts :)

Sincerely yours,
Kisame29 (Headgirl, Slytherin Prefect)

Replies

• tammymoore24
    tammymoore24 Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    This group is a lot of fun! It has challenges for all fitness levels.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    So excited!! I hope I get in!!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I have been in Hogwarts since Term 7 and it has really pushed me to try new things. Looking forward to yet another great term!
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I had my first term here in 12 and had a blast...Hope I get an owl to come back for 13! *fingers crossed*
  • ashleereign
    ashleereign Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to start a new term fresh in the new year!
  • kiri127
    kiri127 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    So excited to get my owl, even if it's a waitlist. It'll be worth it (obviously I hope it's not a waitlist lol). I'm a Harry Potter nerd but also always looking for new and exciting ways to challenge myself and support others :smile:
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,520 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Update: I apologize for the delay (since I said the acceptance PMs would be send out ~12/27), it seems the owls enjoyed the holiday weekend a bit too much and have been recovering so they haven't been sent out yet! We will be sending out owls (acceptance PMs) soon, likely on Thursday or Friday of this week :)

(The challenge does not start until next Monday, 1/2/17, although we will have the starting weigh-in done over the weekend so you'll have to join the castle by Sunday and weigh-in).

Also if you are interested in the challenge, I still encourage you to apply! We have been considering increasing the number of students per house for this term depending on the interest :)
  • Mommyof230
    Mommyof230 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love Harry Potter, rereading for the 5th time now.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Fun challenge! Looking forward to the new term!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,086 Member
    Options
    Me too! B)
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get in! Looking for a new and fun challenge!
  • tammymoore24
    tammymoore24 Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    We have a fun school term planned with a great group of people!
  • ashleighgetsfit14
    ashleighgetsfit14 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get an acceptance owl or wait list! Sounds like a lot of fun!
  • Mommyof230
    Mommyof230 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have the acceptance owls been sent yet?
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    @apescarbro apply!!
  • pologirl1
    pologirl1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just submitted an application. I hope it is not too late. I am excited to join Hogwarts.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Still accepting applications!

potter-gifs-gurl.gif
  • InspiredNewJourney
    Options
    Eeeeep submitted a last minute application. I'm a newbie and this looks amazing!
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I'm a Hufflepuff