All inclusive vacation

Options
Going on 5 day vscation to all inclusive resort in Cancun. Worried about what to eat snd drink

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It's just 5 days. Eat what you want, and drink responsibly. Stay hydrated. Enjoy your trip. Less than a week won't undo any progress you've already made.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Take lots of walks on the beach, play volleyball on the beach or in the pool. Most resorts have lots of activities so just keep active and enjoy
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Portion control is your friend.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    All good advice. And when you chuck it all and decide to go on a food/drink bender, forgive yourself and remember that it's only 5 days. And it's vacation. And you deserve it. And you'll get back at it when you get home.

Have fun!!!! :heart:
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Only worry about food if you're allergic. You're on vacation, enjoy yourself. If you're okay with coming home heavier, then REALLY enjoy...just get back on track when home. If not, eat what you want without being a glutton. But first and foremost have a great time!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Have fun, but be smart about it. Enjoy the food, just not ALL of the food. That should be the same at home or on vacay. The resort will probably have some kind of gym, spend some time there. Enjoy- most of us would love to be going :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Pick a few times each day when you can simply eat a protein and some veg. Give yourself a nice dinner and dessert, drink but not too crazy, and stay active.

When I went a cruise during my weight loss I followed this for myself: If something didn't taste amazing, I didn't eat it. If it was okay, I ate most of it. If it was good I ate it all. If it was AMAZING, I had seconds. Smoked salmon on toast for breakfast, and almost a bottle of wine per night. I went to the gym every day and stayed active. Not an ounce gained.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Five days out of the rest of your life is not going to break you. :) Enjoy it.
  • wynonacook
    wynonacook Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You will have an amazing time. Most 'all inclusive" resorts in Cancun have buffets. They'll have all types of fresh fruit, veggies, meats. Plus you'll be busy seeing everything there. Go see Senior Frogs. Go downtown. Our biggest downfall was the Adult Beverages. Psha. You'll make it up when you get home. ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it! Go for a rainbow on your plate and then relax :)
  • catiwoo
    catiwoo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We went to Cancun a few years ago and stayed at a all inclusive resort with 10-15 restaurants. We ate lots of fresh food, did not really snack and would walk to 1 restaurant to have our aperitif , then to another for our main meal, then walk to a last one for dessert. We trekked so many mikes during that week between walking and biking that I ended up losing 2 pounds. Best vacation ever!! Enjoy and relax!!!