47 y.o. and I will be fit by 50!

Options
My name is Lynn and I live in VA. I have lost and gained so much weight over my lifetime. Last year this time, I weighed 140 lbs and had finished 2 half marathons. I allowed a minor running injury detail my entire healthy lifestyle. I gained so much weight! Started back here at 212 lbs and now am down to 205, so headed in the right direction. My goal is to make this the LAST TIME I ever need to lose weight. This is a life change that I want to make permanent. I know I can do it- I have done it before; but this time I need to make it stick. Support, words of encouragement and friend requests welcome!

Replies

• amykuh
    amykuh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it! It's just one day at time. Log everything. Wash, rinse, repeat. You're gonna be so good at this, it'll be boring. =)
  • LMR51
    LMR51 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Looking to make a lifestyle change as well. Will send you a friend request. Good job on the half marathons. I would love to even run a 5k for goodness sake.
  • nickkd
    nickkd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good for you, @lynneggleton1 and we are all behind you!
  • TLC227
    TLC227 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Lynn! You've done it before, you can do it again! :)
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and have about 50 to go. We can do this!
  • KerrySmilesmfp
    KerrySmilesmfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! You did it before and you are IN IT you go girl:)
  • lynneggleton1
    lynneggleton1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
  • NoMeatAthlete66
    NoMeatAthlete66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The half marathons are a good way to set goals @lynneggleton1. I've done spartan races and it was good for me. I'm 50 and feel great. Send me a friend request if you want support. Good luck!