Trying again.

Options
I was a member a couple of years ago and did ok. But I didn't keep it up. So, my initial goal is to just record my food each day for a couple of weeks and go from there. I don't believe in grandiose goals since they are so far away I'll never get there. My Dr. advises me to aim for 1/2 # a week and a little more walking every day. So, that is what I will try if I can keep recording for two weeks. If I don't record, I don't follow through. I know that much about myself.
Anyone else out there who's trying again?

Replies

• A185945
    A185945 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying again. I have fluctuated over the years, and have been on myfitness pal a couple of times, but, just like you, did not record my meals every day, and soon lost interest. I have vowed that this time I WILL reach my goal weight. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • UnderGroundMusic
    UnderGroundMusic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Trying again here, too. Good luck!
  • luckyme404
    luckyme404 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my 3rd time on mfp. Lost weight both other times, even reached my goal weight. But, didn't keep it up and now I am back to my starting weight again. Add me as a friend if you wish. Friends help keep me on track.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    The attitude should be DO. Trying is giving a stab at it. The end result is you either did or didn't.
    So here's the thing: you DO something conducive to weight loss that you KNOW you can do. Many people get overzealous in their attempts and that ends up in quitting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • patmprecop
    patmprecop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am new. Any suggestions?