Appetite suppressants

Options
Anyone use anything to help curb their appetite?

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    You could look into the current thinking around the role of digestive microbes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Appetite is good and you're supposed to have it. We aren't supposed to feel full all the time. Feeling of fullness is subjective too. You should eat just enough, quality and quantity.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

The only thing I find that works is getting "busy" raking leaves, taking a walk, just getting outside. Most times I'm not really hungry just bored. I'm only just learning this but it really seems as long as I'm doing something I'm not thinking about food.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I always have a bottle of water by my side. Works for me.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I assess the hunger. Is it craving disguised as hunger? I have a list of distraction techniques for cravings.

If it is true hunger, I eat. I keep 100 calorie snacks containing some protein around for hunger.
  • missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I'm probably going to get hate for this but I like hydroxy cut black. As far as diet aid it didn't help me in the long run because I build an immunity to things insanely fast and it quit working for me after about 2 weeks but for those 2 weeks I loved it. I am very guilty for munching at my desk all day at work and stress eating. For those 2 weeks I did not do that. And I seem to have better control of it now since i did prove to myself I don't need to do that.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i have had them in the past, but as soon as you stop taking them you just binge and gain all the weight back. I have done well with MFP before and im back on it again. I would say with the pills a wide berth xx they are not good for heart and other things xx
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I use Ephedrine and Redline together when cutting, but unless you are really stim tolerant, I wouldn't advise it. Shivering+sweating+can't sit still+have to basically forcefeed is a win to me, but most people would probably hate it.
  • emmalees99
    emmalees99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used Phentramine via my dr for awhile. I lost weight like nobody's business, but it had so many side effects. Plus I'm a teacher, and you have to be a calming influence (a lot like Cesar Milan) and it was not conducive to that!
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    yes I do, its called h2o, works wonders for me!