Anyone lost fat & muscle from their big thighs?

Options
What did you do & in what duration?

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't know about muscle loss, I think any loss will always be some muscle tissue, but yes, I've lost a fair bit.

I ate at deficit. And exercised. Running (average 30 minutes a day) and lifting with moderate weights.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I am a pear with most of my weight stored on my thighs, hips, bum and rest of my legs.
    It came down as I lost weight but really the main reduction started around the time I started hitting the upper end of my BMI.
    Did exercise help? Using my legs made them firm up less flabby. Harder work outs It helped in toning my legs. but really in essence has come down to just simply loosing weight.

When I see my body now vs a year ago When I was jut above the BMI high end I sometimes think that over the last year II only lost weight on my lower half of my body. Not really true but that is what it feels like. And though I know logically that the body itself will decide where it will pull its storage from first I did do more leg exercise and in the gym I am a fan of the standing glutus and leg press. Quite honestly it makes me feel better that I target my legs for toning that way and love the way it makes my legs feel. But that is the (also very important) psychology part in my journey. Ultimately I know that most of the progress is because I lost weight plain and simple, my body has finally had to start using its favourite storage area, my bum and legs.

Currently my BMI is 23, for vanity I am bringing it down a little further, but for the very first time in my life I am comfortable with how my legs look. Not model material, but normal and I can wear mini skirts now :-)
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    Options
    I don't know about muscle loss, I think any loss will always be some muscle tissue, but yes, I've lost a fair bit.

I ate at deficit. And exercised. Running (average 30 minutes a day) and lifting with moderate weights.

How long did it take? Did you measure or have before after for motivation?

Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You can't specifically lose fat from any area of the body you want with the exception of surgery. Weight loss is systematic so if you lose 1% of body fat, it comes from all over. The places you lose last are usually the places you first gain and that's based on genetics.
    Muscle loss happens with disuse of a muscle. And if you're talking legs, it's not gonna happen unless you stop using them.
    Focus on just losing weight. The smaller you get, you'll then get a chance to reassess.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Thank you for replying.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    For me it is weight loss and ballet type movement. I cannot run yet - still too bulky for my knees to carry. But I can do squats, plies, planks, and all over body stretches to use all of the muscles, a little every day. I hope you find some workouts that you enjoy and even crave.
    Options
    I am a pear with most of my weight stored on my thighs, hips, bum and rest of my legs.
    It came down as I lost weight but really the main reduction started around the time I started hitting the upper end of my BMI.
    Did exercise help? Using my legs made them firm up less flabby. Harder work outs It helped in toning my legs. but really in essence has come down to just simply loosing weight.

When I see my body now vs a year ago When I was jut above the BMI high end I sometimes think that over the last year II only lost weight on my lower half of my body. Not really true but that is what it feels like. And though I know logically that the body itself will decide where it will pull its storage from first I did do more leg exercise and in the gym I am a fan of the standing glutus and leg press. Quite honestly it makes me feel better that I target my legs for toning that way and love the way it makes my legs feel. But that is the (also very important) psychology part in my journey. Ultimately I know that most of the progress is because I lost weight plain and simple, my body has finally had to start using its favourite storage area, my bum and legs.

Currently my BMI is 23, for vanity I am bringing it down a little further, but for the very first time in my life I am comfortable with how my legs look. Not model material, but normal and I can wear mini skirts now :-)

Thanks for replying. Do you have before & after or measured? Through diet & exercise, I managed to lose around 12 Kgs in 1 year. Lost another 6 Kg, got to my healthy BMI, that's when I felt my body was getting slimmer. Unfortunately, gained the 6Kg back. :( I am tired from dieting & exercising and seeing not losing weight. I have plateaued for more than 4 months now. My problem areas are my arms, lower tummy & esp. my thighs.

Options
    liznotyet wrote: »
    For me it is weight loss and ballet type movement. I cannot run yet - still too bulky for my knees to carry. But I can do squats, plies, planks, and all over body stretches to use all of the muscles, a little every day. I hope you find some workouts that you enjoy and even crave.

Thank you for replying.

• Shan1a
    Shan1a Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What did you do & in what duration?

Hi,
    I'm fairly new to keto. I'm on daily calories of 1024 macro breakdown 70% fat 20% protein and 5% carbs.
    I don't weigh I measure in 3 days of ketosis I've lost an inch off my chest waist tummy thighs sadly bingo wings quarter of an inch.

I've been doing kettlebells swings 16kg HIIT reps at home videos on you tube. 15 mins a day. Look up Tracey Reifkind videos. I started with 12kg. The swing has squatting and pushing motion from hips thighs and butt.
    Its important to warm up and with keto diet salt and hydration.

Good luck
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I walked more. Did zumba. Stationary bike. Squats. Gym machines
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!