Truck driver looking for healthy food tips

Options
crazyhawg87
crazyhawg87 Posts: 1 Member
Eating healthy on the road can be challenging just looking for some ideas thanks!

Replies

• thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I drive around all day for work so I totally feel your pain. I tried to be good about making lunches but it's really hard. BUT grocery stores tend to have a lot of premade sandwiches and salads that are pretty healthy. I also just gave up and have been having meal replacement shakes. I use non-dairy milk and put it on a cooler so I don't need to worry about it spoiling but there are plenty of ready to drinks that don't need to be refrigerated either.

Other snacks that travel well are nuts and trail mix, baby carrots, cheese sticks, whole grain crackers and grapes. Apples and bananas are okay if you have somewhere to put them where they won't get bruised.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If it's inconvenient to make yourself most supermarkets have ready made salads, complete with meat, sauce etc., and disposable forks. Personally I prefer to buy a plain salad and add my own meat, and/or buy a plain roll to eat with the salad. I pick up sachets of mayo when in restaurants and use these. Home made Soup in a thermos is also good.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I travel by car a lot for work as well and it is really challenging. I usually pack a cooler with things like cheese, yogurt, fruit, and salad. Sometimes I will buy a tuna kit or a sandwich. It gets really boring actually because my days are long and I run out of interesting things to eat.
  • slogger100
    slogger100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drive a petrol tanker all day, I find it so difficult to eat healthy during the day, The trick I use is to not take enough money with me so I am unable to buy anything, this helps me make sure I make something healthy and filling for my self either in the morning or night before.