You are a good person Dani!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Where did the zig zag go? I liked it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Can I come up with a program to make money and use the MFP community to fix all the bugs in mine too? Seems like if we all are helpful in guiding someone through the process of having a great program that will make them money, that we should all get a little piece of the profits. Just saying.....

Doesn't seem like anyone here cares about this (not the getting a piece of the pie part, but the part of using us to make money) but hey, to each their own.

I think it's awesome that OP has the smarts and the time to come up with something like this for us.
    I for one, just appreciate it. And if she makes money from this, then she deserves it, as she's the one who put in 100% of the work.

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I am sure OP is the most solid and honest person on this planet and only has our best interests in mind. This place can become self promoting vehicle though with those not as solid and honest a person as OP. We have seen it before.
  • thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    141622mfp wrote: »
    Just did this and it said an ideal weight for me would be 91-120something.

I'm 5'2". If I go by BMI, my "healthy" weight range is 101-134. Just wondering where this "ideal" weight range comes from.

Did you adjust the frame size option? If so, (I'm guessing you put 'small' frame) the BMI results are adjusted by 10%. I've explained the feature in detail here: http://www.weightloss-calculator.net/important-info/

If you didn't adjust the frame size option, something went wrong! Could you take a screenshot for me so I can figure out the problem?

Aha, okay that makes sense. I did adjust the frame size as I do have a small frame. Thanks for explaining this!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Pretty cool. Your TDEE for me actually comes almost dead on with my Fitbit TDEE.
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the zigzag too. I'm such a numbers person, so I really enjoy these calculators. Thanks for your hard work :)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Interesting.

Most calculators estimate my TDEE at 2100-2400 cals/day for light activity but this one calcuates it at just a little over 2000 which is the lowest yet. It also estimates my TDEE at just below 1800 for sedentary activity, while other calculators are just above 1800.

My "real" TDEE based on my actual level of activity and daily recorded food intake and weight measurement is closer to 1900. So, while this calculator still isn't "spot on," it is a bit more accurate than others for me.
  • 141622mfp
    141622mfp Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Interesting, but I would never use it. I would like to adjust my weekly loss goal as I go along so that I am losing at maximum 1% of body weight as I go along. For example: the first month I would lose ten pounds and the last month 1 pound.

That's a really interesting idea! I'll have a look at adding it to the calculator. Thanks for your help :)
  • 141622mfp
    Options
    @leanjogreen18 @msalicia116 If you put in your intended calorie intake per day, you should get the zigzag - let me know if it works!
  • hiyaitschloe_x
    hiyaitschloe_x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think this is brilliant - well done.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've recommended this calculator ever since the last thread! It gave me some nice calories for 5:2.
  • Sukisumi
    Sukisumi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Great job OP! The only thing I noticed is under the 5:2 recommendation it says 'two days at X calories per day/five days at X calories per day' rather than two/five days at X calories per week!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i did not make it past my info. it just went blank.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    On my android device i did an internet search for it and found it easily. filling in the information was easy as well. The confusing part to me was the parts in yellow. while i found out what BMR is, i do not know what a TDEE is. then it says to lose a half pound a week i needed to consume 2502 calories. in the calculator i put i was not active so if i were to eat that much i would gain not lose. then the green part starts using the calories i typed in. i will keep loking to see if there is more i am not seeing. but this i know if i do not exercise and eat or consume almost 3000 calories a day i will be back to over 300 lbs, where i started this. if i am reading it all just holler at me.
  • 141622mfp
    Options
    i did not make it past my info. it just went blank.

Hmm, that shouldn't happen, sorry! What device are you using? Was it the metric or imperial version? If you try again and the same thing happens, could you take a screenshot to help me fix it?
  • 141622mfp
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    On my android device i did an internet search for it and found it easily. filling in the information was easy as well. The confusing part to me was the parts in yellow. while i found out what BMR is, i do not know what a TDEE is. then it says to lose a half pound a week i needed to consume 2502 calories. in the calculator i put i was not active so if i were to eat that much i would gain not lose. then the green part starts using the calories i typed in. i will keep loking to see if there is more i am not seeing. but this i know if i do not exercise and eat or consume almost 3000 calories a day i will be back to over 300 lbs, where i started this. if i am reading it all just holler at me.

Thanks for your feedback! Your TDEE is your Total Daily Energy Expenditure - basically it's your BMR, adjusted to take into account your activity level to give you a rough guide to how many calories you need each day. (I'll add a note to the info page on the site explaining this, I'd forgotten.)

A couple of things could cause an overestimation in this case: Are you certain that your current weight and height were input correctly? (e.g. no typos)

If you could take a screenshot, or just tell me the data that you put in, I'll double check the calculations :)
  • dannygirl315
    dannygirl315 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm not seeing the zig zag calorie calculation. But this seem to be inline with my observations. Thanks!

129lbs, 5'5", 46 female, light activity.
    ETA- I see on the zig zag now...

Screenshot_20170101-112916_zpsx85ybiee.png