Daily Mail and the Dukan Diet- Uk

Options
Anyone else on here going to have a go? I just went onto the site and it wants £43 to sign up, pfft.

7lbs in 5 days just seems too amazing, but here goes!

Replies

• sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Don't sign up to the website! just buy the book, it's like 4 quid on amazon. Also I've lost 11lb innnn 9 days on it
  • NitaCeeCee
    NitaCeeCee Posts: 55
    Options
    i would be worried about the weight coming back on. and then some. i read the article this morning and thought it sounded very similar to atkins
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I was always put off by the apparent stinking breath of the Atkins and the lack of veg/fruit. I feel dreadful without having something fresh and crispy in my diet. However the shopping list it gave didn't make me think of fried sausages and blocks of cheese, which I always associated with the Atkins.

I probably will go get the book on Monday when off when I get the shopping in
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, if it sounds too good to be true...then it is!
  • NitaCeeCee
    NitaCeeCee Posts: 55
    Options
    I was always put off by the apparent stinking breath of the Atkins and the lack of veg/fruit. I feel dreadful without having something fresh and crispy in my diet. However the shopping list it gave didn't make me think of fried sausages and blocks of cheese, which I always associated with the Atkins.

I probably will go get the book on Monday when off when I get the shopping in

defo order the book. a few quid can't hurt and it's way cheaper than signing up to the website. admittedly the shopping list did look healthier than atkins
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    It is a healthy, lifelong plan. In atkins you can eat all the fat you want, in Dukan you're not allowed fatty foods. A few days of pure protein then lots of veg and protein til you lose your target weight, then you slowly reintroduce carbs etc, so you don't put the weight back on.
  • Picola1984
    Options
    Thats why it sounds so much more tempting!

Plus I'm finding the amount of training/working out I'm doing my appetite is just soaring so the excess protein will help
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    Yeah my muscles have been gettin well strong lately from all the protein xD and of course protein is really filling. It's not a complete quick fix, it still takes a while, but it's better than spending a million hours a week exersizing and eating hardly anything just to lose like 1lb a week xD
  • apmemo
    apmemo Posts: 43
    Options
    I just reached my goal weight on Dukan in less than a month! I only had about 12 pounds to lose though. I found it pretty easy, even as a vegetarian (thank God I love cheese)! People usually only gain the weight back because they go back to eating the food and quantities that they were eating before the diet. I didn't do the online program or buy the book. I just googled the phases and the allowed foods, and used the Dukan website to see how long to do each phase for. Good luck if you decide to try it!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    cheese isn't alllowed on Dukan xD only cottage cheese...yuck! But good you still got such great results lol!
  • apmemo
    Options
    We have fat free cheese in the US, which is allowed! And I do love cottage cheese too, I just hate eating it without pineapple.
  • Picola1984
    Options
    Well day 1 starts today, off out soon to get the book and shopping in. Protein pancake for breakfast to use up some protein powder I had, which I assume isn't allowed.

Going to be weird not eating anything green. I will keep updated if this works!!
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    I was thinking about trying this with the book. But then I can't decide between Dukan or the 30 day shred, which probably wouldnt be allowed at the same time?

I have a month until I go home for a week and want to look my best, I have around 10-15lbs (5k-7kg) to lose, it would be fine if it's 3-4 in the next 4 weeks.
    My problem with exercise is that I am still recovering from a tendon op in my foot and last week my physio said to tone down my exercise. I only run in 2min intervals or cycle for around 20-25mins every other day. otherwise i walk a lot.

Any suggestions which I should try for the next 4 weeks?
    thanks
  • Picola1984
    Options
    I have no idea about the 30 day shred as its not really had any press/coverage over here in the UK!

Ok well I've already gone over by 19 in my protein allowance and its only 4pm!
  • apmemo
    Options
    Picola, I've read that protein powder is allowed only if it's 100% protein, with no carbs or fat. I mix my vanilla protein powder with hot coffee (the only mixer with no cals other than water) and it tastes like a latte!
  • Picola1984
    Options
    Hmm cool thanks! I will go have a look actually, I just got emailed 3 really tasty sounding protein bar recipes but they all contain nuts/seeds and other things that aren't allowed in the first stage of the diet!! Typical

Well day 3, I feel pretty tired as I've been working out as usual and without carbs for energy it is harder.

My concern is with all the protein I'm eating and my workout routine, I don't want to bulk up!!!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • apmemo
    Options
    I've been eating about 120g of protein a day and working out my arms, legs, and abs pretty regularly and haven't bulked up at all, just starting to get a little nice tone. I don't think girls can easily bulk up :)
  • Picola1984
    Options
    Cool thanks, just worried I'll end up a right beefcake!

I'm getting a bit fed up of eggs now, gone through an awful lot in the past 5 days. The lack of carbs really can take its toll, I did an hours run outside today and felt pretty meek. Also I'm getting reliant on diet coke, which I used to hate.

However I have lost 2-3kgs (the scales at the gym aren't digital so its a bit hard to tell exactly). Not the 7lbs that is claimed, but then I'm not overweight so I guess that was wishful thinking!!

I'm now going into the 'cruise phase' where you alternate between pure protein days and protein plus some veg. I had a plum tomato before and omg, the freshness....welcome back veg I say!