So bummed

Options
I was going to do a 5k this morning with a polar bear plunge at the end. It snowed about 4 inches over night (we rarely get snow). So I'm not going. The run is on trail and it gets slippery. I'm so afraid I'll hurt myself again (May 2015 broke my ankle). I'm sure there will be another 5 k in the next several weeks, bit what a bummer!

Replies

• sstini55
    sstini55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You couldn't have at least showed up to check it out ? When we had a 5 mile race after a night of snow/slush they had the route all cleared and ready. Not sure if your trail would be able to be cleared? Maybe you could have walked at a slower pace too? I would've gone to cheer on the other participants if anything.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry it didn't work out, but I don't blame you for not risking another injury. Here's to more 5ks in your future. Happy new year.
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't be hard on yourself - if you'd gone running against your better judgement and injured yourself you'd have been really fed up. I didn't run today because it was absolutely bucketing outside! But I will tomorrow :smiley: