Losing weight without weighing yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive tried it every conceivable way. for ME ... i need the scale for feedback. Even if i only weigh once a week or every two weeks...
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    This might sound like opposite day but I actually found that weighing every day gives me way less anxiety. At the very beginning as I was getting started yes it was the usual, but now I am a few months in I see my own personal pattern on the scale and how absolutely it is tied to my food and exercise behaviour. I can almost always predict if I am staying the same, bumping up a little, or showing a tiny loss any given day. Today I was expecting a half pound loss after staying the same for three days, and I was right (it was a bit more actually). I'll lose a little again tomorrow and then either stay the same or go up a few ounces the day after before I show a loss again. Weighing infrequently I might only see one of the bloated numbers, and it also gives the feeling that that whole period you weighed for wasn't effective if you don't see what you want on the scale, which for me leads to frustration. I'm pretty type A though and data driven. Your mileage may vary.
  • Missyjules1974
    Missyjules1974 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This might sound like opposite day but I actually found that weighing every day gives me way less anxiety. At the very beginning as I was getting started yes it was the usual, but now I am a few months in I see my own personal pattern on the scale and how absolutely it is tied to my food and exercise behaviour. I can almost always predict if I am staying the same, bumping up a little, or showing a tiny loss any given day. Today I was expecting a half pound loss after staying the same for three days, and I was right (it was a bit more actually). I'll lose a little again tomorrow and then either stay the same or go up a few ounces the day after before I show a loss again. Weighing infrequently I might only see one of the bloated numbers, and it also gives the feeling that that whole period you weighed for wasn't effective if you don't see what you want on the scale, which for me leads to frustration. I'm pretty type A though and data driven. Your mileage may vary.

I'm sister is also like this and it works for her... sometimes she weighs three times a day but has a handle on it! I'm nearly 43 now and want to think about health more than Wright. Also conscious that at my age too thin isn't great for bone density etc... I also know that the stronger I get the more I may weigh for my size even though I'm healthier and look better. I'll give it a whirl and see how I get on :) xx