Senior women

Options
Hi I am a senior in mid 60's looking for ladies to chat with about trying to lose weight

Replies

• sla_56
    sla_56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm also in my 60's and would love to chat with you. Happy New Year!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    69 and heading for 70 this year, omg
  • debutdeb
    debutdeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    64 omg. This is my year. Would love to be part of your group.
  • TimsBarb
    TimsBarb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi So glad to meet you. I hope the program is working for each of you. I am not having much success. I do record my food and drink daily and stay just below 1200 calories but not having luck with weight loss. Wondering if I would be able to change and have more protein and less carbs. Not sure how many calories I should eat. I was so excited to be on this journey but now am discouraged with the little results I have. Anything you can recommend. Thanks Barb in Ontario
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    TimsBarb wrote: »
    Hi So glad to meet you. I hope the program is working for each of you. I am not having much success. I do record my food and drink daily and stay just below 1200 calories but not having luck with weight loss. Wondering if I would be able to change and have more protein and less carbs. Not sure how many calories I should eat. I was so excited to be on this journey but now am discouraged with the little results I have. Anything you can recommend. Thanks Barb in Ontario

Have you put your stats into MFP and your activity level? That will then tell you how many calories you should have. Where did you get the 1200 figure from?? Once you get the right data you can set a plan. Good luck
  • Charleigh007
    Charleigh007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Early 60's but don't feel old ....Their just numbers ! Just stay as active as you can and try to eat healthy
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    I'm 61, and lost 63 pounds here on MFP in about 10-11 months starting when I was 59. I've been in weight-maintenance mode for around a year now, at 5'5"/low 120s. I'm hypothyroid as well as post-menopausal, if that matters. Also vegetarian, for 42 years.

By the way, there are some groups here on the MFP forums for us, um, more mature folks, too, and they have quite a few female members::

Mature Adults support, motivation and sharing 55 +

Over 50 Group

The first one has been the more active of the two recently, though both are smaller/less busy groups. Thinking they may pick up a bit now that it's New Year's Resolution season!
  • nanpask
    nanpask Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Would love to join your group!
  • kathmor1973
    kathmor1973 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to be part of this group too, I'm 62!!! Just started to get serious about losing weight right before Thanksgiving. Thought I better do it then or the holidays would be out of control. I went to a doctor recommended by my oncologist (am an 18 year breast cancer survivor) who did blood work and determined that I needed to lower my carb intake. Also see a nutritionist there. I've lost 15 lbs since November 16th and I'm pretty happy with that because I know I would have gained a lot over the holidays. Really watched my carbs, but I still indulged in the holiday treats more than I should have. Oh, and drank wine too!

I'm not a diabetic, but he said something about the carbs causing belly fat or something like that. He kind of lost me on the explanation of the blood work. Anyway, there is belly fat, for sure!!!! I want to lose about 70 lbs or so. Have 55 to go now.

Always found myself pigging out on chips, crackers, etc. Anything crunchy and salty. I could eat a bag of chips - no problem. Haven't had any of that stuff and I drink at least 60 ounces of water a day, which I find to be key in me losing weight.

Anyway, that's my story!!! Would love to hear from others.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am Lesley aged 68 and live on 10 acres in Tasmania, Australia. I have just set my new weight at 21.52 lbs and want to be 198 lbs real soon. Stan says I need to lose 5 Kgs before he shares my bed again
    I train at home with DVDs by Jillian Michael, Bob Harper and Jeannette, Jenkins, Plus my Wii and walk up to 3 mile, plus twice round my 400 m track
    I had a rest day yesterday and went for a drive. My husband is a young 72. I did 7959 steps, I aim for over 10,000 a day
    My max calories are 1750, well under today
    Fish, chips and peas for dinner today
  • DvineLvine
    DvineLvine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wondering if this group is still active? I am heading into my 70s this summer. Want to approach aging in my best health and with resilience, knowing that setbacks can be just around the corner. Looking for a supportive group interested in improving our fitness levels and helping us rebound from inevitable challenges as we age.
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have also wondered if this group is still active.
    I hit 69 this summer and realized if I dont get in shape pretty soon, it will be too late to do it.
    Exercise is tough because I need to have my knee replaced. I am giving it my best shot, though, with an elliptical machine.
    Tracking m food is helping me to make better choices. I am 8 days in on MFP and down 3 pounds. 32 more to go.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    I think this thread we're posting in is not still active, other than your two recent posts today, @DvineLvine and @titus2cat.

This other one is still active, for age 60+ people (not just women, also some very nice men):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up/p1

Don't be alarmed if you open that up and see old posts: It's been active a very long time. Like all long-running threads here on MFP, the newest posts are at the end, on the high numbered pages. You can skip straight there, if you want to.

FWIW, I'm 66, female, pretty active (MFP and exercise-type stuff), been on MFP 7 years as of yesterday, a bit less than a year losing from obese to a healthy weight, the rest of the time working at staying at a healthy weight. So far, so good.

Welcome to the Community, both of you. We 3 aren't the only 60+ women here, by far.