totally delicious and easy but is it healthy?

Options
Dave198lbs
Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
in a bind today for time and forgot to pack my food so I just had a CLIF BAR, chocolate chip and it was awesome and delicious and much too small. 240 calories but man it is tasty. Anyone use these CLIF bars? are they remotely healthy?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    in a bind today for time and forgot to pack my food so I just had a CLIF BAR, chocolate chip and it was awesome and delicious and much too small. 240 calories but man it is tasty. Anyone use these CLIF bars? are they remotely healthy?
  • NoraEE
    NoraEE Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating those things because there are other snack bars with fewer calories. My new favorite is Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants. They have 120 calories and 9g of fiber. The chocolate chip flavored ones taste like those chocolate caramel girl scout cookies!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I don't typically eat them because they are higher than some of the other bars in cals but I think they use more natural ingredients than some of the other bars out there. I would say it's way better than a snickers would be!!
  • trosenau
    trosenau Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love LUNA Bars. I eat one almost everyday for breakfast. Out of all the bars I've tried, I've found them to be the best tasting and most fulfilling.
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    I usually eat a bar M-F for lunch, after I workout. I LOVE Clif bars, Luna bars, Atkins Advantage bars, Balance bars. Those I eat for lunch with a big glass of water.
    Right now I'm actually eating a Luna bar - Dulce de Leche...
    For snacking I usually have Fiber one bars, Special K 90 cal bars, or Kashi bars on hand.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Clif bars are AWESOME. They're made with 'real' ingredients, and are actually baked. They're super yummy, and very good for you. Because of the higher cals I usually only have them when I'm out on a longer distance bike ride and need the extra energy. The luna bars are also really good, though they're formulated more towards a woman's nutritional needs than a man's.

You should also check out the clif mojo bars. They're less calorie-rich, but still super good (basically imagine trail mix formed into a bar).
  • YogaBooty
    Options
    try the cliff mojo bars! SO yummy, and a seminar by a nutritionist picked the cliff mojo bar to be the best bar out there!
  • wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try Lara Bars.......very yummy!!! And 100% natural and vegan. I had a vegan roommate that got me hooked on them. :flowerforyou:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating those things because there are other snack bars with fewer calories. My new favorite is Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants. They have 120 calories and 9g of fiber. The chocolate chip flavored ones taste like those chocolate caramel girl scout cookies!

this is an old post but I just had my first fiber plus bar and its magically delicious! lol
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

this is an old post but I just had my first fiber plus bar and its magically delicious! lol

Have you read the ingredients of those? There is a lot of not so healthy things that go into them. I agree that the calories are lower than a clif bar but it all depends on how clean you want to eat.

Clif also has amazing protein bars called Builder bars that don't have the nasty aftertaste of some protein bars. Their peanut butter one is amazing
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Most bars are really just a sugary candy bar in disguise, "all natural" ingredients or no. 28g of sugar? UH, no thank you.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Most bars are really just a sugary candy bar in disguise, "all natural" ingredients or no. 28g of sugar? UH, no thank you.

Yep, I agree with this. And the all natural ingredients aren't so natural when you start disecting the label. :wink: