Not new, but starting anew!

Options
I keep being pulled away by life, stress and insecurities! I want that to change this year. When I had hit my weight loss goal 5 years ago, I got my first tattoo, the text says "all things new". It was a reminder for me that every day is a new day, every season a new season, every year a new year. Transformation is always possible, always an option. And I want to focus on that idea again.

If you don't mind having a friend who has done this perfectly and became overwhelmed, and now does it not so perfectly, please add me. I enjoy interacting, connecting and relating, if you do as well, please add me. If you are someone who struggles with health issues, known or unknown, and it affects this journey you are on, please add me!

Replies

• luckyme404
    luckyme404 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello, please feel free to add me. This is my 3rd time here. First two times were successful, but then I decided I like food....a lot. So here I am again. Nice to meet you.
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    HI Becky I sent a request. We can all use motivation and friends! Welcome back!
  • BeckyCM71
    BeckyCM71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • BeckyCM71
    Options
    Happy New Year!!
  • KellieLou84
    KellieLou84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! This is my 2nd go around on here! First was really successful but life kinda messed me up!!
  • MrsSDolan
    MrsSDolan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not new but starting anew here too :-) feel free to add x
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello, I will add you and anyone else who wants to add me, please do!

This is my third time on MFP. First time was fairly successful (not easy, but ultimately successful); second time was not successful at all, life had taken me for a nose dive after a massive knee injury.

Now I am definitely back and I am ready to do this.

Happy new year everyone :)
  • rachel53223
    rachel53223 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did great last year for a while and like you all, life took over. I did keep the weight off that i had lost but now need to focus on the rest of it! Feel free to add me!! Will send you all a request! :)
  • BeckyCM71
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :smiley:
  • geesgurl
    geesgurl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Starting new at this again. I let life get in the way of my goals and I am finally ready to take care of myself. Feel free to add me I'd love to have motivational people around to help me with this journey.
  • jtced
    jtced Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I second that! My best streak was 400 days. Turning 40 this year and need to my life back on.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Starting over here too! Ready to stop eating everything in sight and start making good choices! After I get past the sugar withdrawl sluggishness, I will be ready to go!
  • DanielleM7810
    DanielleM7810 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me too! I haven't gone completely backwards but I have big goals this year and big expectations of myself and my performance. I have kept my profile private for a long time but I think having a few friends who I can relate to will be encouraging!
  • QuickPE75
    QuickPE75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    3rd time for me. 1st time I lost 70lbs. 2nd time was a waste. Hoping to get back to my happy place and looking for friends to help :)
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is like my 3rd round on here. 1st time lost about 90lbs and last time not so much. Put back on 30 so I have about 100lbs to loose. Please feel free to add me! :)
  • myzzfit
    myzzfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Feel free to add me as well! This is my 3rd time back. First time lost 40 pounds, second time only lost 5 before I gave up due to laziness, and this time I'm not giving up. I'm turning 35 this month and starting to develop some health issues due to my unhealthy ways. My goal right now is to lose 30 pounds!
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Also returning from a very long break. My first time on here I lost over 60lbs. I've gained about half of that back and am finally feeling ready to go at this again. Feel free to add. :)
  • WildAngelJoy
    WildAngelJoy Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi Becky and all...Sending a friend request Becky. My profile gives the full story but I lost 20 lbs. 3 years back and have since regained it and 20 more due to illness, medications and stress eating after a death in the family. But...a new year and a new start :) Anyone feel free to friend request me, I love people and I love being encouraging along with getting encouragement as we walk this path. Happy New Year!!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have (like many others) lost my weight but now it is creeping back on. I have been on MFP since mid-2011 but only got serious after Christmas 2011 (my day count is off as I had a break of a few weeks). I lost 25 kilos quite quickly (moving house is a great activity) and got to my goal weight in late 2012, but it has slowly crept back. I need to lose about 10 kgs, and get myself fitter. Currently suffering a really sore back (no core strength??). I am a newly retired 65 yo Aussie and would like to add to my friends list, and support others :-)
  • melhaaa12
    melhaaa12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    In need of support also. This is my first time using this site. 48 years old and 50 pounds over weight. Friends would be wonderful