Anti-Support?

Options
2»

Replies

• BarbieHier
    BarbieHier Posts: 29
    Options
    Keep posting here. :o)

I recently had to stop talking to my friend about weight loss too...I had to change my whole way of eating, I cut out gluten and wheat because I am gluten sensitive...she kept saying I was on a 'diet' and diets don't work, blah blah and she could never be so restrictive. She cut back on portions and started walking, but has not had a significant loss...maybe in inches. I have been strict because I am committed and have lost 48.5 pounds....but I think she kind of tries to bring me down sometimes, not realizing she's doing it.

Same for my mother in law. I had lost 45 pounds and she didn't even notice or comment... :/

So yes, I agree, keep this to yourself for the time being...they will just have to get used to a slim you!
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it forces them to look at their own stuff and they don't want to. So they push for you to change back to the old way of relating - so they can sit where they are and not change and not feel guilty about it or whatever. I have had to pick topics to discuss with people like that and if they are insulting me or discouraging me - I just have a clear boundary that it is off limits for discussion or something like that. Ultimately It doesn't matter what they think - you do for your life what works for you!
  • fitkyriel
    fitkyriel Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm sort of dealing with the same thing... except the person who is tired of hearing it is MY HUSBAND! Every time I weigh myself or cook a really healthy dinner he just rolls his eyes and "smiles and nods" He flat out told me he doesn't want me to lose weight, as he is attracted to larger ladies. Oops, did I put that on the internet? He and his whole family are large and my family are five states away so I have anti-support here too. =( The sad thing is, while I do want this to be about me being HEALTHY ... the main reason for getting fit is for a JOB that I want... where I will probably be the one supporting HIM. Lol....