Who is in? 50 lbs in 5 months!

Options

Replies

• pjohnson0787
    pjohnson0787 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 8 and 330 lbs. I would love to lose at 50 in 5! Anyone can add me!
  • jadevalentine
    jadevalentine Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I wish I could do this but in 3 months, it has been about 1.26 pounds a week. How can it be done? I want you to add me so I can have some of that magic! :smile:

16839606.png
  • keishakstewart
    keishakstewart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So in, need that motivation.
  • brandisonfire
    brandisonfire Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just getting started on my weight loss journey! Add me and help give me some motivation! :D
  • Deatsy
    Deatsy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 8 and 330 lbs. I would love to lose at 50 in 5! Anyone can add me!

I'm in add me
  • TamaraYacoub
    TamaraYacoub Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In ....add me TamaraYacoub
  • johnmfp68
    johnmfp68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I could lose 50 but 30 would be my goal. Just to keep up with everyone I would have to do that in 3 months.
    I dropped 35 in 3 months before but had lots of support from mfp friends. Add me please
  • calichiro
    calichiro Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm in. I've been taking the tortoise approach with an eye on maintaining, but frankly I'm just ready to speed this damn thing up. I've got my 49th birthday the same weekend as a big conference with all my friends. I'd love to go 10-15 lbs down from where I am now! Add me!
  • stephn12
    stephn12 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Happy New Year. Hello everyone this is gonna sound silly I'm sure. ..but I'm really new to this whole community aspect of my fitness pal. What do you all mean when you say add me and now that I'm posting on this group what's next? Do we just check each other's daily food log to keep accountable for the weight loss goals? Post encouraging words? Help! Thank you
  • Andyooooo
    Andyooooo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50lb from March 2016 to December 2016 (started 275lb currently 225lb) want to get down to about 180lb.

Big thing for me was cutting out fast food, started meal prepping (got really technical and got a food scale and started tracking macros). Also dont eat 3 hours before bed and push my first meal 3 hours after waking up. I found sparkling water, coffee and lots of water (4L... i think that is a gallon for our american friends here) to help in the morning so I usually eat from 11am-7pm or 12pm -8pm. ( I am pretty flexible with this on the weekends though)

I think my biggest tip is not go full board cold turkey with fast food... I honestly didnt start counting calories and macros till a couple months later... I focused on cutting my fast food intake and meals in half and as the weeks progressed cut out fast food (it was honestly one of the hardest things i have had to do- might sound silly but its true)... the fast food cravings do go away but it takes a while... they say it takes 66 days to create a new habbit.

I think a good tip is to weigh yourself every morning but not look at the daily weight but take the avg for the week. As much as we want to be losing weight everyday weight loss isnt necessarily linear it's more of a roller coaster. I think if you are planning on losing more than 2lb a week you should get some sort of skin firmer (i use palmers cocoa butter formula firming butter) i say that because if you are aggressively losing weight you have to be mindful of loose skin that may occur (think of your skin as elastic)- also consider doing at least 30 min walking a day if you currently do not exercise and in the near future start doing weight lifting because when you lose that weight you want to be able to show off some muscle definition

Another tip i used for trying to kill late night hunger is a glass of metamucil I found it usually took away the hunger.

Just know weight loss is a marathon and not a sprint

Feel free to add me and ask any questions :)

Wish everyone the best of luck!
  • NuMi2018
    NuMi2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! I am currently at 371.8 lbs at 5'6" tall. I am cutting out all fast food, all pop (or soda as you americans call it) and drinking more water and actually MOVING my body! Hoping to lose more than 50 in 5 months since I have alot more weight on me to spare. But we shall see... anyone is welcome to add me too. Let's do this!
  • magzoe48
    magzoe48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • iren74
    iren74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am in!
  • Marie__119
    Marie__119 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    50 in 5 sounds amazing to me..
  • gregoryjspen
    gregoryjspen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in too add me as well!!!

Be well.
  • janeyarae
    janeyarae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im in add me! can use the motivation !
  • SarahScheie
    SarahScheie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be what I need to reach a healthy weight. I've lost 20 pounds since last year going slow and steady, but now it's time to kick this weight loss up a notch. Feeling determined!
  • vani11a5ky
    vani11a5ky Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, also! In the same boat as OG!
  • DomCraigKing
    DomCraigKing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just back from the new years break with My parents, first day I have been able to exercise in 2017 proper.
    30 minutes on the bike and I shaved 11 seconds off My time for 10 miles ! Managed to get it down to 29.48 so I am really chuffed.
    if I can do this so can all of you, join Me and everyone else here and lets get fitter, healthier and happier. >:)
  • glederman
    glederman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join this challenge. After a car accident two years ago I was put on nerve pain that caused my weight just keep going up and up. Just before January 1 I was in the 270+ pound range. I started usingthis app on January 1, at which time I weighed in at 270.4 pounds. I had weaned off the medicine that was helping my night terrors in December because I learned that it was prescribed as an off label use and in some people have the side effect of causing Obesity. I was not happy because I have struggled with my weight my entire life and had lost and kept off almost 80 pounds for seven years before the accident. I saw myself within pounds of my highest weight ever.

So January 1 I started and then in mid January I was hospitalized because other medication was causing my sodium levels to drop dangerously low. To save my brain function in organisms they stopped some heavy duty nerve medication cold turkey in the hospital. So now although in pain I am not taking any medicine that causes weight gain.

And the happy news, as of this morning my weight was down to two for 242.3 lbs. and I eat all of the calories that I am supposed to eat to maintain a healthy weight loss according to this program. I know that some of the weight loss is coming off the medicine, but would love to join you so that by May 31, 2017 I will have lost at least 50 pounds. That also happens to be my birthday.

Any exercise right now other than walking our dog is very tough. But I have been excepted into a comprehensive chronic pain program at the mayo clinic starting March 9th that includes PT OT classes on how to exercise and proper nutrition all designed to keep the pain I am going to have for the rest of my life manageable without narcotics or other medicines, like the nerve pain medicines that made me gain so much weight. So I'm hopeful by next month I can start increasing my exercise whether it be in the gym or through water aerobic exercise.

Hope to keep in touch with this forum and looking forward to many successful losers in May