Getting Ready to Stop Drinking Soda

Options
Ok at Midnight I will no longer be drinking Soda I know I can do it as I quit drinking Mountain Dew 5 years ago I'm going to focus on drinking water instead. My goal is lose 80 pounds by the end of 2017. I'm also doing a low Carb Diet as well so I hope to be down to 145 by end of 3027 as well. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you drink caffeinated sodas, have some painkillers handy, the headaches from the caffeine withdrawal are awful.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. It's still fizzy and very refreshing.
  • Fitnessmom38
    Fitnessmom38 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I drink water now with flavored drink mixes that are no sugar and etc
  • cardiacmommy
    cardiacmommy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I haven't had soda in 2 years. No sugary foods in 1 year. I'm living proof it can be done.
  • noahsmommy107
    noahsmommy107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You're determined and Im sure you can do it! I tell myself all the time I need to give up the Diet Coke, but never make it a whole day. Caffeine addiction is no joke.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ok at Midnight I will no longer be drinking Soda I know I can do it as I quit drinking Mountain Dew 5 years ago I'm going to focus on drinking water instead. My goal is lose 80 pounds by the end of 2017. I'm also doing a low Carb Diet as well so I hope to be down to 145 by end of 3027 as well. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Hello: I drank Cokes for years and stopped for two years and then started drinking them again in 2016. I am also stopping sodas beginning tomorrow...January 1. I watched some you tube videos of a doctor saying when you want a soda to grab something with caffeine until you get accustomed to not drinking sodas. For example, when you crave a soda, drink iced tea, a little juice, etc.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvZYJdw_ZWU

Good luck...you can do it.

PS: As far as headaches....I had a headache for a couple days the last time I quit but it is worth it. Take some Alieve and you will be fine.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I personally made the switch from full sugar soda to diet/zero. I still drink some sugary sodas if I have the calories (they are, after all only 140ish calories per can).
  • pjtmay
    pjtmay Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 of no cokes. Trust me if I can do it anyone can. I never had any headaches. My son has always been able to say he cut to g so ethimg out of his does and he just does it. I've decided that I have that same determi ation in me and I was going to do it. I'm 53 with fibromyalgia and back issues. Good luck. You CAN do this. Believe in yourself
  • namesnotgotcha
    namesnotgotcha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 48 of no soda. No weight loss results (yet) as I still need to work on the rest of my diet, but I do feel much better physically. I went cold turkey which was tough for the first week, but after that the withdrawal symptoms (headaches, cravings) went away. Drinking green tea and having fruit infused water helped. Best of luck to you!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Who needs soda when the white monster energy drink exists.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 3-5 daily...giving up soda really wasn't that big of a deal...I think people make it a bigger deal of these kinds of things in their head than it is in reality.
  • Iloveteaching5
    Iloveteaching5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting the no soda also. I went from 2-3 sodas a day down to one and now none. My mom who I live with still drinks soda and won't give It up. But I love tea and flavored water so I know I'll be fine any how.
  • iwillbefitandsexy
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I switched from regular coke to diet coke/coke zero when I started my weight loss phase and that worked really well for me! I no longer drink my calories, except for a weekend beer or two :)
  • Fitnessmom38
    Options
    I meant 2017
  • ProMama5
    ProMama5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's SO HARD! But worth it. Every time I remember how soda is such a corrosive chemical I can't believe I put that in my body. I'm trying to quit and drinking La Croix water to carry me through the cravings for fizz.
  • Fitnessmom38
    Options
    Ya I started drinking flavored water that's free of any kind of aspartame and low calorie as well
  • susehocking
    susehocking Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yay...so glad to find others fighting the soda monster...fizzy drinks are my demon...that is for sure. I want to hop on this bandwagon and wave goodbye to soda in 2017...here's hoping my willpower is stronger than my thirst for the stuff lol