Any short gals out there??

Options
I'm 5'1" and looking for some shorties like me out there that know what it's like to be short and curvy! :tongue: At my very heaviest, I was 164 and when I joined MFP I was 149. Currently 136.8! Soooo add me if you know what's it's like to be short and curvy like me!

Replies

• rc322
    rc322 Posts: 22
    Options
    hi! im 4'11 and the heaviest I was at was 158. Now I am at 145 and still going! I plan to be about 125 hopefully. That was what I was back in high school. I know exactly what you mean though, since we are short we do not have many places for the extra weight to go. ;) keep it up!! what exercises do you enjoy??
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    5'0 and 170 at my heaviest.
    Currently 117, trying to get down to 105! :)
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Short yes. Curvy...hmm, not so.

5ft 1" here and I HATE it, can never reach anything in the kitchen and my weight makes me look so out of proportion. If I was a bit taller, then I don't think I would look so bad.

But hey, I'll get to the point one day where I don't look like a balloon.

xD
  • nwkarin
    nwkarin Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm 5'0.....started 3 days ago at 117. Trying to get to 105 (ideally!) but would be happy 107-108. It is HARD.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    5ft 1 1/4", started at my heaviest (except when I was pregnant) at 135 lbs, lost 9 3/4 lbs so far in the past 3 months since I joined on here. 125 was my original goal but I decided to make it 120, then see from there. I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and not really worry about weight but hit late 30's and suddenly put on some pudge :angry: I turned 40 this spring and decided to make working out part of my routine and to eat better. And as far as the curvy, I am pear shaped and not much on top. Feels like I will always have a big butt!
    Feel free to add me!
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    I'm 5' and 133 right now. My ideal weight was around 118, but all the other shorties out there are going lower... hmmmm.
  • balbannock
    Options
    4'11", 170 at my heaviest, 108 at my lightest, somewhere between right now. The older you get, the harder it is to maintain a decent weight. It's hard to keep good habits.
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm short, too :) 5' 1" if I stretch, but probably more like 5' 0". After having 4 kids, I started three weeks ago at 183 (GASP! UGH!)... and my goal weight is 113 by my baby's second birthday, 6/15/12.... so a total goal of losing 70 pounds, which is overwhelming to me. But, I have decided to take it a step at a time, and I am encourage because as of last week I had already lost 5. (I weigh in tomorrow, so we'll hope for even more!) My first goal is 160 by 9/12/11, and to reach it I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred mDVD and logging everything I eat on MFP, staying under my calories.

Nice to meet you! :)
    Jen
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Im 5'2, weight 113 and trying to get to 108!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". My heaviest was probably 170. I weighed 164 this morning.

I think the hardest part of being short and trying to lose weight is that it's hard for taller people to understand how small our portions need to be. I tried to explain to my husband that my tracker only gives me 1300 calories a day, and if I exercise, I can get a little more, but when I exercise, I still don't burn as many calories as he would. (He's 6'4" and 240lbs.)

My coworkers have seen me in the break room with my tiny lunches and made some comments, but eating the same portions as taller people is part of what got me here. I can't eat a piece of every cake that enters the office, and I can't eat a giant lunch either.

I have to admit that I'm a short person, and I have to eat like a short person if I want to be thin again.

Luckily, most of my curves are in flattering places, but diabetes runs in my family, so I can't be heavy for my whole life and live it comfortably.
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    Thanks for all the requests, and I sent a few requests to the people who posted here as well :happy:

Soooo as for my favorite exercise... I've taken up running again. I've run a couple 5k's in the past, and I'm doing one in August with some coworkers and it's hard to get back into it! In the past, I've been a cardio-queen... mostly elliptical machines and biking! I'm trying to start lifting some weights again as well! I also love pilates and yoga!

I also agree with you ladies... when you're short, the weight distributes differently and we carry it differently! NO FAIR! I've never minded being a short girl, it's just my belly I can't stand!:ohwell: But it's making me more motivated now that my first anniversary is drawing near and to know that we'll be on a beach in the Bahamas... my goal is 115 lbs... but I'll be happy if I make it to 120lbs by then! I think even if I lose weight, my bone structure is still a little on the curvy side :wink:
  • phatphd
    phatphd Posts: 45
    Options
    5'1" isn't short! I wish I were 5'1"! I'm 4'8" on a "tall" day, and am definitely frustrated by the way height impacts weight loss. But I am determined to overcome my family's genetic predisposition toward obesity. I'm a definite pear shape with big ol' hips: currently at 105 lbs with a goal weight of 95 lbs.

Nice to meet you!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am 5', highest weight 196 sadly. Currently 144, my goal right now is 130 simply because it seemed achievable and the last time I was that weight I was a kid. I believe my final goal will be 115-120.
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    Well I am definitely the heaviest one who has posted. I am 4'11" and at my heaviest I weighed 225. I am now 202 as of this morning. My man says I have always carried my weight good and that ii is in all the right places. :noway:
    The area that I hate is my upper abdomen.
    My measurements are 41 X 38 X 44 as of last Monday. :blushing:
    Feel free to add me.
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i'm 4'11"
  • takemeaway10
    Options
    MEEEEE! I'm 5'2" and 202.I use a HUGE pair of grilling tongs to reach stuff on the top shelf of our cabinets. Girl's gotta eat! I'm tall and have Janet Jackson's body in my mind :P
  • amber1rae
    amber1rae Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 115. I am having a hard time with the low calorie diet, and i haven't lost any weight in about 3 weeks. I even gained back a few pounds. I hope having some friends on here with the same goals will help me. I need all the help i can get. Glad to not be alone in this struggle.
  • Griderrr
    Griderrr Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    4-10 I shrunk no- I reshaped over the years, got wider instead of taller. 211 at present -whew. i do not know how I move about.
  • Bookwormdee
    Bookwormdee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", currently at 180, which was my previous high weight. That was before I hit 185 this summer and decided that was just a little bit too much. I also happened to get an iPhone at the same time and this was the app, I downloaded. Thank goodness I did, since I'm down 5 lbs and planning to go the rest of the way.

I should also note that 160 probably won't be my stopping weight, but more like an midway goal.
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' even....Want to get down to 130 currently at 157lbs. After I reach 130, hopefully get down to 120-125...Started doing 30 Day shred yesterday. Cant wait to finish and see some results.