Hi MFP

Options
My name is MJ and I am new to the My Fitness Pal thing,

I just turned 23 last month and i have been overweight for the past 15 years. I've read the post Big Black Female over in the other thread and I can "SOMEWHAT" put myself in that description except some (which I'll explain later). I have been as big as 300 pends and as small as 210 and I want to see below 200 again because I am tired of buying ugly jeans and jeans over the internet because they cost too much and i am tired of feeling sorry for myself. My self esteem has been low and stayed low for quite sometime.

I used to get jealous of other people because of their size and the attention they get and I was always the wallflower who was invited to places because i looked like a bodyguard that can crush people. It use to be funny but now embarrassing to me. I want to walk up a few steps without getting tired and siting down, I want to wake up happy and energetic instead of sad and regretful and I want to wear jeans that are in stores that are ugly. I'm young and want to be healthy for years to come.

OK I am finished ranting I'm glad that i have found this site. Hopefully in the next year, i can meet my goal.

Replies

• beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will find a lot of support here. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you can add me as your friend we can encourage each other through our weight lost journey.:happy:
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You may add me as a friend.