STRUGGLING

Options
HI, MY NAME IS SHAR AND I JOINED EARLY NOV. 08. I DID WELL UNTIL THE HOLIDAYS , THE NGAINED BACK 5 OF THE 13 LBS. I HAD LOST. SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD SURGERY AND HAVE NOT BEEN PERMITTED TO EXERCISE . NOT EVEN WALK MUCH OR LIFT MORE THAN 5LBS. AND TO TOP IT OFF MY FATHER PASSED AWAY LAST WEEK. TODAY I FINALLY FEEL MOTIVATED TO REALLY .GET BACK ON TRACK. I HAVE TO HAVE MORE SURGERY IN 2 DAYS AND THEN THINGS SHOULD GRADUALLY GET BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN . SO, I GUESS I AM JUST ASKING FOR SOME MENTAL SUPPORT FROM EVERYONE. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON THE MESSAGE BOARD-- I ALSO HAVE VERY LIMITED COMP. SKILLS SO YOU'LL ALL NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE WITH ME WHILE I LEARN . THANKS FOR LISTENING . ONE MORE THING --- I'M LOOKING FOR THE PERSON WHO SUBMITTED HAM POT PIE IN THE FOOD DIARY -- CURIOUS TO KNOW IF IT'S THE SAME AS WHAT I GREW UP WITH? ---SHAR

Replies

• shar
    shar Posts: 10
    Options
    HI, MY NAME IS SHAR AND I JOINED EARLY NOV. 08. I DID WELL UNTIL THE HOLIDAYS , THE NGAINED BACK 5 OF THE 13 LBS. I HAD LOST. SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD SURGERY AND HAVE NOT BEEN PERMITTED TO EXERCISE . NOT EVEN WALK MUCH OR LIFT MORE THAN 5LBS. AND TO TOP IT OFF MY FATHER PASSED AWAY LAST WEEK. TODAY I FINALLY FEEL MOTIVATED TO REALLY .GET BACK ON TRACK. I HAVE TO HAVE MORE SURGERY IN 2 DAYS AND THEN THINGS SHOULD GRADUALLY GET BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN . SO, I GUESS I AM JUST ASKING FOR SOME MENTAL SUPPORT FROM EVERYONE. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON THE MESSAGE BOARD-- I ALSO HAVE VERY LIMITED COMP. SKILLS SO YOU'LL ALL NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE WITH ME WHILE I LEARN . THANKS FOR LISTENING . ONE MORE THING --- I'M LOOKING FOR THE PERSON WHO SUBMITTED HAM POT PIE IN THE FOOD DIARY -- CURIOUS TO KNOW IF IT'S THE SAME AS WHAT I GREW UP WITH? ---SHAR
  • dewassel
    Options
    Hang in there...this too shall pass. Your main focus right now needs to recover from surgery.
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    First, know that we all struggle with the holidays. Second not bring able to exercise is going to slow down your process, it's ok, just eat healthy foods. Third, dealing with a loss of a loved one is obviously extreemly stressful and emotional to say the least. Since most of us eat because of stress or emotionally eat it would be understandible that this to would make weight loss a struggle. Just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time if that makes it easier for you. You seem to have a good perspective, knowing that things will get better. And they will..... Just take care of yourself the best you can! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    we are here for you! you can get through this!!!
  • cavanar2
    Options
    Recover from your surgery, take care of yourself, and get back on track when your body is ready!:flowerforyou:
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    Hey Shar! Thanks for getting back online with the MFP Crew! While I don't know the recipe for Pot Pie... hmmm, that sounds funny without some type of meat ahead of that title :laugh: I think it's great you're reaching out.

You've gone through a lot, and you're still working through some stuff here with your surgery and recovery from your Dad's passing (my condolences). My hope is that you'll continue communicating with the MFP folks so we can work together through this. Keep chatting it up, and do take care.

Be at Peace :flowerforyou: