Want to loss 70 pounds this year

Options
I am trying to loss 70 pounds . That's my goal this year. It's going to be tough be its possible . I have to push my self. challenges will come but I am determined to get there

Replies

• garpolky
    garpolky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Remember to start slow at first. If you go all in all at once, you won't go as far as you want.

Also, a kitchen scale is a wise investment.
  • amp3435
    amp3435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Also some sort of fitness tracker so get an accurate picture of your physical output
  • bellagolden129
    bellagolden129 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. I would get a tape to measure inches too cos I realized that I loss more inches than pounds . I don't know why
  • onunka620
    onunka620 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it !!!! Stay positive and focus. The one thing that helps is imagining fitting into your favorite outfit that you may not be able to get into right now. It may be a tad bit superficial, but that is what helps me in achieving my goal. But you can do it ! Remain discipline and focus !
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I agree with garpolky! Make small changes at first so you don't get overwhelmed! Log every BLT (bite lick tast) that goes in your mouth. I also think journaling helps keep track of your goal( weight mental spiritual etc). Writing down what you're grateful for helps keep away negative thoughts. Good luck!
  • bellagolden129
    Options
    Thank you so much for that. I am trying my best to log in what I eat. I started about 3 weeks ago and I feel great. Just a few pounds lost but I am happy cos it's a great start. Thanks I will take that into account.
  • Landoficeandsnow
    Landoficeandsnow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I lost 70 lbs since July of 2016. I log daily (that's a lie, but I try to nevertheless). Good luck!
  • bellagolden129
    Options
    Thanks landoficeandsnow
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I would like to help motivate you as well, please feel free to add me.. I need all the motivation I get can get, I have 30+ lbs to lose!! Let's do this together as a team
  • AhabiYA57
    AhabiYA57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am trying to lose 75 lbs this year, so I'm definitely interested in joining the team; nights are rough for me, ugh! :/
  • Nursemommy84
    Nursemommy84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 60, I'm a mom and a nursing student, and have put on weight from being sedentary in the classroom, I'm looking for positive, encouraging people to become friends with, share recipes, tips, encourage each other and hold each other accountable on bad days!
  • bellagolden129
    Options
    Thx everyone that's y we are here to encourage each other . I do workout, and I try to do it everyday even if it's 5 mins it means a lot on this journey. I walk around to alot to add to my 30 mins.
    AhabiYA57 I feel u and the whole evening challenge. I work in the evening and I had gotten addicted to buying fast food while at work in the evening and that made me add alot of weight. I use to have strange cravings.
    What I do now is make my food at home n take to work. I try to log in daily what I eat n that has been helping me immensely

• annekenney3
    annekenney3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nights were always a tricky time for me. A friend told me to give myself a cut-off time and it has been really helpful. At first, I was amazed at how often I would find myself reaching for something. Nothing much...a little here, a little there, but it really added up. Now I don't eat at all after 7:30pm during the week. You have to find a time that's reasonable for you and your life but then stick with it. Good luck!
  • jessicapaige124
    jessicapaige124 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 70 as well. I used this app a while back and lost 20 but unfortunately gained 5 back. Wanting to meet motivational people so please feel free to add me!
  • Furrlicious
    Furrlicious Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too, right there with you!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Start with weight/measuring everything you eat. Calories are king.
    Set a sustainable goal
    Be continuous and keep with it