Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best Beach Body program for fat loss?

Hey everyone! Like many, I am revamping my work out game this new year. I'm not a gym person (having worked at one and been a member). I like my at home work outs. What is the best BB program for fat loss? I'm looking to shed fat and gain muscle at the same time. Thanks!

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    I'm not an at home workout person, but my husband had success with insanity a year or so ago. If you're looking to lose fat, be sure you accompany your chosen workout with a calorie deficit.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    to lose fat you need to be in a deficit . to gain muscle you either can do whats called a recomp(eat at maintenance calories and lift heavy), or a bulk(you wont get bulky) which means eating in a surplus of calories(over your maintenance calories,but you will gain some fat too).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    For fat loss: calorie deficit and whatever cardio you enjoy (I love turbo jam). To build muscle: progressive overload lifting (like stronglifts 5x5) and eat enough.
  • megnay
    megnay Posts: 65 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for all of your help!

I do understand well the concept of a calorie deficit. I am vegan and have experienced amazing fat loss just by following my own eating plan and incorporating exercise. I am just looking for suggestions for the best weight loss programs. I prefer cardio/HITT with body weight exercises, as my heaviest weight is 10 lbs. so I don't have a lot at my disposal.

I've been thinking about doing Insanity again, or TurboFire. I like the time consistently of Insanity, but I love the TurboFire work outs (don't like how somedays are one hour and some are 15 min).
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    The new Core De Force program is a killer workout and fantastic!!!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,857 Member
    P90x worked great for me
  • mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    I think most people in the thread have covered the, "be in a deficit" thing.

The best BB program will vary person to person. I personally love (and will still do it when travelling for work) T25 as well as 21 Day Fix.