Those in the warm South BEWARE!!

Options
I was working in the yard yesterday. It was in the 70's. I dug a hole, and out slid a baby snake. I must have disturbed it. It was about 9 inches long, and a baby copperhead. So those of you who can get out in the yard, be very care. Needless t say, I beat it to death with a shovel. Now I'm scared I have a nest of babies nearby.:noway:

Replies

• mburris
    mburris Posts: 55
    Options
    I was working in the yard yesterday. It was in the 70's. I dug a hole, and out slid a baby snake. I must have disturbed it. It was about 9 inches long, and a baby copperhead. So those of you who can get out in the yard, be very care. Needless t say, I beat it to death with a shovel. Now I'm scared I have a nest of babies nearby.:noway:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    awww poor snake
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I def would have gotten my cardio in............I would have run the fastest mile EVER!

:laugh:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I hate snakes. Our neighborhood is surrounded by woods. I see snakes all the time when the weather is warm.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I would give my left arm to see a snake (of the NON-deadly variety, that is) and have 70 degree weather as opposed to this snowstorm we are facing here right now.:sad:

Let's all have a moment of silence for poor baby snake. {snicker}
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Snakes keep vermin at bay :tongue: , hope he wasn't the only snake in your garden :noway: or you may be over run with rats,mice ,voles etc.

Great people talk about ideas,
    Average people talk about things
    Small people talk about others.
    Legends never talk, they just forward emails.
  • mburris
    Options
    I live in the Pine Woods In Southeastern Louisiana. We have plenty of snakes, moles, and other critters. If they don't come n my area, I don't mess with them.
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    Snakes keep vermin at bay :tongue: , hope he wasn't the only snake in your garden :noway: or you may be over run with rats,mice ,voles etc.

I don't think you want a poisonous snake in your garden. One bite and you're dead. What up?
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    I live in the Pine Woods In Southeastern Louisiana. We have plenty of snakes, moles, and other critters. If they don't come n my area, I don't mess with them.

I'm with you burris. I'm from LA also. Don't want a copperhead in my garden either.
  • mburris
    Options
    Baby snakes are more poisonous than adult snakes. They don't know how to control their venom. At least it wasn't a water moccassin. Where I lived before, near water, we had them all the time. Hope this doesn't mean we're going to have a bad snake season.
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options

I don't think you want a poisonous snake in your garden. One bite and you're dead. What up?

I know!!! i was thinking the same thing.....:laugh: i love animals too and if it were a cute little garden snake i'd probably have made him a good little home LOL!!!!! but i a poisinous one!!!!!! no way!!!! crazy.....i'd love to be sun tanning in that weather (i got a snow storm coming....:sad: )....a nice blinket in the grass....and i definatly don't wanna look over to see a copperhead!!!! eak!!!
  • mburris
    Options
    If it was a king snake, I would have let it go. They eat other snakes! Going back out there today. Hope I don't see anymore
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If it was a king snake, I would have let it go. They eat other snakes! Going back out there today. Hope I don't see anymore

Just be careful!!:glasses:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you take for that episode?:laugh: I would have shot my drawers for sure!:laugh:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Baby snakes are more poisonous than adult snakes. They don't know how to control their venom. At least it wasn't a water moccassin. Where I lived before, near water, we had them all the time. Hope this doesn't mean we're going to have a bad snake season.

Ditto on that...baby snakes are the worst.....