How often should I be taking rest days?

Options
I don't use weights. I'm mostly doing squats/crunches/etc with a little bit of cardio.

Replies

• sy8jr8p
    sy8jr8p Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Depends on how long the cardio is but i would let ur body tell u when it needs a rest day otherwise maybe one or two days off on the crunches and squats
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are not doing over an hour of cardio a day, and leave a day in between strength exercises, you don't have to worry much about rest days. Listen to your body...
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Agreed, listen to what your body needs so you don't burn out and just quit. My rest days still include long walks and yoga to keep my body moving, but I don't put the stress on it.
  • JonnoBongo
    JonnoBongo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realise you had to take rest days! I've been road-running 4k pretty much every day over the last four years (it helped me lose 5 stone and then keep it off). I've stepped it up to 5k a day over the last 6 months. Admittedly I do worry what the long term effect will be on my joints, but I just feel the need to run every day and I feel so much better for it.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Rest days are subject to the individual and his/her goals.

Doesn't sound like you need one per sae unless your cardio is intense or high impact.