Starting my weight loss journey today

Options
So here I am 34 years old. Mom of a 3 year old and married for 5 years. I am 5'6 and 253 lbs. I have never been really thin but when I got married 5 years ago I was around 175 lbs and comfortable and healthy. Now I'm always aware of my weight and want to look and feel better. My goal is to lose 75 lbs and then maybe set an additional one. I plan to join the gym tomorrow and start eating healthier. I could use all the help and motivation I can get especially with the diet aspect. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• Cat0703
    Cat0703 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome and glad you are taking the first step to making yourself a priority. I am almost one year into doing the same. It can be hard as a parent to take time for yourself and not feel guilty about it but it is worth it, trust me!

I am mid thirties as well and started at 272.6lbs and am now just at the cusp of the 200s. I work full time and have an 8 year old so am pretty busy but with a fairly simple change to what I ate plus a bit of extra movement each day, I have been successful. Feel free to add me as a friend and I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Best of luck on your journey.
  • melhaaa12
    melhaaa12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    In need of support. I am 48 years old and need to lose 50 pounds.
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on the start of the most important journey of your life: the journey of YOU! I am 34, mom of 13, 5 and 4 year Olds, 5'5 1/2" and currently at 136. I started to get really serious February of 2016, weighing in at 175 (but have yo-yo'd up as high as 250 over the course of my momhood). It CANNOT be done and you CAN do this. I joined a local gym and follow the 5x5 stronglifts app (totally free and super easy, feels like you are cheating
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    hrod215 wrote: »
    Welcome and congratulations on the start of the most important journey of your life: the journey of YOU! I am 34, mom of 13, 5 and 4 year Olds, 5'5 1/2" and currently at 136. I started to get really serious February of 2016, weighing in at 175 (but have yo-yo'd up as high as 250 over the course of my momhood). It CANNOT be done and you CAN do this. I joined a local gym and follow the 5x5 stronglifts app (totally free and super easy, feels like you are cheating

It CAN BE DONE. No idea why it autocorrected to say cannot, sorry!!! But I should have checked before posting.
  • snooky211
    snooky211 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss. Making that decision to take control seems to be the most important step, and everyone on this app is so supportive.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, anyone!!! We can do this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!