NEED ADVICE for Weight loss

Options
I'm 156lbs and I'm trying to go back down to 125 in just a few weeks.
Alcohol over the last 2 years has been the culprit of my weight gain so I'm cutting it out (but not completely) and I've noticed I'm hungry like all the time. Pretty sure my food intake is a lot more also.

I've started working out the last 4 days but only for 30 minutes doing the eliptical and a little weight lifting.
I need advice on how to lose weight to my goal weight within a month. Do I need to work out longer? Eat less?
I'm serious about this because I've never been this big before.. I've always had a small figure.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    One month to lose 25 pounds? You should try to do it sensibly and lose one pound per week, you may inadvertently lose it faster. But not in one month. Sorry.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Did you gain to your current weight in just a few weeks? No.

You're not going to lose that quickly, I'm sorry.

My advice is enter your stats into MFP, and let it calculate how much you should eat.

Purchase yourself a digital food scale, and weigh, not measure, all the food you eat. Don't forget to count sauces and oils and fats used to cook your food. Log EVERYTHING. keep yourself accountable.

Eat back a portion of any calories you burn exercising, but only a portion, as they tend to be over estimated. Example, if it says you burned 500 calories joggins, only eat back like 200-250.

I've been back here seriously since October, and I've lost 26 pounds. In three months. Not weeks

Don't set yourself such an unrealistic time frame, because you'll set yourself up for failure. I know that's not what you came to jear, but it's the truth.

Good luck!
  • Janellecabrera21
    Janellecabrera21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! I will definitely do that !