Hello.....

Options
Hooper28
Hooper28 Posts: 22 Member
i just started MFP last Monday and so far I like it. I'm not sure whether to call my profile picture a before or after picture as I did WW on my own in 2003 and lost 93 pounds and then slowly gained it all plus some back. That picture was taken just slightly higher than goal and I'm going to get back there again. It took me almost 2 years last time so I know I have a long road ahead of me which is kind of discouraging so I'm going to try and set small goals. I work FT and have a 3 year old so my time for working out is much more limited than it was last time. I used to work out 6x a week and loved it so I'm hoping to be able to fit some workouts into my days again.

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You can do this and with the amazing group of people that we have around here you will have constant motivation!

Good luck!
  • HankFit247
    HankFit247 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome. Were to help in anyway possible.

As a Personal Trainer, I always recommend DVD based solutions for folks in your situtation.

Contact me per below to start a conversation towards finding the right solution for you.
  • fitkyriel
    fitkyriel Posts: 29
    Options
    Welcome, I started Monday also! I am a mother of two, and luckily I am a full time student and have the summer to get a jump start - but I dread the fall semester. It will really test me! But you will see here at MFP that hundreds of others HAVE done it, so that motivates me enough to know that we can do it too if we push ourselves hard enough :)
  • Hooper28
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Hank....I actually have a few DVD's because before I lost a lot of weight I was too self conscience to go to the gym. When DH and I finally joined one I told him I wouldn't go without him and then I loved it and went without him! So anyways, I have Walk Away the Pounds, Bikini Ready Fast, 30 Day Shred (never opened the package), and a few Biggest Loser. Is there anything you would suggest?
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    welcome this is a wonderful place for support you will do great feel free to add me if u would like some support
  • Hooper28
    Options
    Thanks Amber. I sent you a request.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck.

I have 3 kids. The only way I can get in a workout is to do DVDs at 5:30am (and sometimes skip out of school early but that's besides the point). I REALLY like Turbo Fire and highly recommend it.
  • Slimntrim90
    Options
    Welcome! You might consider taking your child with you for walks. Even if you have to take a stroller, the outdoors are great for energizing yourself while teaching your child about fitness! Good luck! I love this site!:smile:
  • crzybyz14
    crzybyz14 Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I'm new also and very excited to get this started :) Feel free to add me as a friend