Help! It's Birthday Season!

Options
I need someone to talk me out of eating the left over birthday cake from my husband's birthday. Its just sitting there and I had a few small bite size pieces already!:frown:
I can't get myself to get rid of it because I would feel guilty if I threw it out. (Wasting food)
The other bad part is that my birthday (the BIG 40) is coming in two weeks, and I don't want to go overboard! then there's Valentine's Day!:smooched:
I have been doing well but this is starting to get to me!!:angry:

Anyway, I am going to go do the BL Cardio Max right now! I have to keep strong!!:grumble:

Replies

• jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I need someone to talk me out of eating the left over birthday cake from my husband's birthday. Its just sitting there and I had a few small bite size pieces already!:frown:
    I can't get myself to get rid of it because I would feel guilty if I threw it out. (Wasting food)
    The other bad part is that my birthday (the BIG 40) is coming in two weeks, and I don't want to go overboard! then there's Valentine's Day!:smooched:
    I have been doing well but this is starting to get to me!!:angry:

Anyway, I am going to go do the BL Cardio Max right now! I have to keep strong!!:grumble:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am having the SAME problem.. Thursday is one good friends bday, and friday another...sat is a friends going away party...and next weekend is another friends bday..I am more worried about the alcohol tho..:wink: Then my bday is ina month...ay ay ay
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    STOP.......BREATH AND LOOK AT ME! Ok, stay focused here....my fiancee is eating Sour Cream and Cheddar chips with a 5 bread bologne sandwhich and hot dog.........RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME....RIGHT NOW. I grabbed a healthier verson of this lunch, baked cheese sandwich with tomatoes and just asked him to NEVER buy the Cheddar Cheese Chips AGAIN in my house....he agreed.

GO NOW AND HAVE A HEALTHY SNACK.....EVEN IF YOU ARE OVER CALORIES, GO GRAB AN APPLE, YOGURT, SOMETHING YOU ENJOY EMENSLY. Its better to have something good and go over your calories then to blow it on your husbands birthday cake.

Now on the cake thing. Ask your husband to enjoy his cake and get it outa the house if it's such a temptation.

As for your 40th Birthday.......HAVE A PIECE ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY......JUST DON'T MAKE THAT PEICE THE ENTIRE CAKE!

Ok, now go......get a healthy snack......

(virtual smack on the tush)

:drinker:
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at it and take action. Put it in the garbage can and walk away! :)
  • KirstenJ
    KirstenJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    oh gosh! i went threw this about a week ago.. i ate left over cake every day for a week and trust me! its not worth it! i went from 208 to 213..try to let other people eat it or throw it out. If not you will find yourself eating it. act now and see result later!
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    If that was me I would throw it out, for me its too tempting to go have a little taste and then and little later have another and then have a big slice. I don't like keeping those type of temptations around the house. If you have someone at the house that would like to have another piece then cut them a piece and throw the rest down the garbage disposal. I would rather waste it then have it ruin what I am working too hard for. But thats just me.
    As for your birthday have a piece of cake and so what if you go a little over its your birthday its only one day right so have a good day.
    Then for valentines tell the hubby and anyone else NO CHOCOLATE, a teddy bear, a teddy :embarassed: lol, flowers, or jewerly of course would be so much better. good luck
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! :flowerforyou:

The cake is in the trash! :bigsmile:

Now I have to get through Valentine's Day and my birthday!:drinker: Just found out my two sisters are coming in town for it. Should be fun! The good news is that they are both healthy eaters. I'm the fat sister:embarassed:
    I just hate when I feel like they are trying to tell me what to do. I know what to do and I am doing it. Sometimes I wonder if thinner people really understand how hard it is to have to lose so much weight.
    Anyway, thanks for the support!! You are all the best!!:heart: