New mommy on board

Options
Hey MFP members! I'm new to this site and looking for some friends. I am a mommy of 2 little kiddos 5 and 22 months. I have a hard time getting my workouts in because I work fulltime during the day and my husband works nights so 4 nights during the week I am a single mommy. HARD HARD HARD......I completely admire anyone who has to be a single parent. I couldn't imagine having to do it by myself all the time. Any advice????

Replies

• HankFit247
    HankFit247 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome. Let usknow how we can be of assistance.

As a personal trainer, I would recommend a DVD based soluton. Feel free to contact me per below to discuss recommendations.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    hello welcome im a mom of 3 ages 7, 5, and 2 im not currently working but looking for a job and on summer break from school and i still find it hard. the only advice i have is maybe try getting up early before the hubby and kids and going for a walk or buy some exercise videos to do while the kids are napping or playing. also if u have netflix there are great videos also. feel free to add me for support
  • PianoRaven
    PianoRaven Posts: 52
    Options
    I know what you are dealing with. My kids are 5, 3, and 21 months. My husband works a rotating shift (some weeks are nights, some are days). It is so hard to get into a regular exercise routine when my husband's schedule changes weekly. I just try to fit in a workout whenever I can, and take it one day at a time. Since I can't say "I am going to workout every evening this week," I just look at my schedule for that DAY and carve out a time.

What kind of exercises do you like? How much do you have to lose?
  • IamMsDeniece
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel! I am also a mommy of two little ones. I also work all day and my hubby works all night. Finding time is soooo hard. Energy too, for that matter. I just started this MFP stuff and it really works great! I stick to my meal plans and I have lost 10 pounds in a few weeks. I also just bought a mini stepper on AMAZON.COM so I can exercise here at home while the kids are playing. I also have a few DVD's of yoga and pilates. It isn't much, but every bit helps. Just getting out with the kids for a walk can help too. You can do it! Add me as friend if ya want :)
  • crzybyz14
    crzybyz14 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks so much everybody!! We can do this :))
  • Hooper28
    Hooper28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 and she keeps me busy. My husband also works some nights so it's hard for me to find time to work out. My daughter doesn't usually fall asleep until close to 10pm and has to call for me a few times so I don't really want to start working out until she's asleep and by then...I just want to sleep! I'm going to have to just make the time.