I should probably work out now...

Options
Well I just ate an ENTIRE McCain Ultra Thin crust pizza and only have 150 cals left for my day AND didn't work out today. So I'm presently wrestling with the idea of squeezing a workout in. I am a little concerned about puking in my mouth and my motivation to do this is waning but burning off a couple hundred calories would probably alleviate the guilt (and help with digestion). MOTIVATE ME PEOPLE!

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't know what time zone you are in but I can't sleep after an intense work out. How about go for a walk and work extra hard tomorrow?
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    If you still have cals left and it's the end of the day, you really don't NEED to work out. But if you feel awful and going for a short stroll will make you able to sleep, then go for it. Don't flog yourself at the gym because you've given in to a craving, or resorted to a quick meal. You'll burn out very quickly and lose motivation completely.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I would go for a walk.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Yeah, I'd have to agree, walking is probably less likely to induce puking.
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    Put on your humor...this is meant in pure fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbzM2FUP9s

We could always hire this guy to motivate you. :bigsmile:
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    AH! It is POURING rain outside right now.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that working out at night isn't a great idea. It'll probably energize you too much and make it hard to sleep. I avoid working out in evenings for that reason.

Also, you're under calories so there is no reason to feel guilty about the pizza. And you can always work out tomorrow.

Tomorrow is another day. Relax and enjoy the rest of your evening and sleep well.
  • apapandrea
    apapandrea Posts: 30
    Options
    i had a huge dinner tonight hadn't fit in a workout yet- i just did dance aerobics for an hour and i feel SO much better about myself- so just my suggestion- get those endorphins and squeeze in a little workout :)
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    When I eat like that I get on my treadmill for one hour. I sleep fine after a hard workout.
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    I've worked out late before when I ate too many calories for the day and had no problems either. I guess it depends on if working out energizes you too much or not.
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    if you have cable, you might check your on demand to see if you have access to fitTV or exercise TV. I get a lot of my indoor work outs from the on Demand. or heck, just walk around your house, start some laundry and clean the floors. You'd be amazed how many calories you can burn just by doing a moderate effort into house work. Just a suggestion. I just had a piece of chicago style pizza myself, so I have to find something to do. Think I'm gonna go Wii :)
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    Oh, and I'll take that rain. Thanks then :)
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    OK! Thanks to you all I just did 30 mins of a cardio kickboxing dvd! That's around 350 cals so I'm GOOD TO GO!!! THANKS EVERYONE!!!!