The weight of a person lost : The soul of a person found!

Options
#MotivationMonday

Today represents a year since my journey started, I had to go with these photos, which represent the first day, and the most recent day, with a couple of others showing the journey as it has progressed.

This time last year I was setting out on a journey, thinking I could do it, and thinking that all it would take was watching what I eat and training hard. Little did I know that as I shrunk physically as the year progressed, I grew more as a person than I ever thought possible. t5pdkau2v7qr.jpg
1915yde3r1wy.jpg
pinyirgc5t8u.jpg
3vs3zmmr8nso.jpg

I'm now 175lbs (12.5 stone), or 79.5kg down from where I was a year ago, and while I've literally lost a person, I'm a better person than I've ever been in my life, and I have finally learned to love myself. As cheesy and corny as that sounds, I really don't care. I've never been as comfortable with myself, and have no more time for your typical self-deprecation that blights so many in this country.

This next year is already the focus of a healthy (pun very much intended) list of challenges and goals, and I'm massively excited to see where this next phase of my journey takes me.

Here's to a happy, healthy, and awesome 2017 folks!

Replies

• 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Truely fabulous transformation. In only one year shows commitment and self belief.. very inspiring. Thankyou for sharing ☺
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    That is wonderful, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Your happiness shines through your pictures.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Words can't describe how happy you look!
    And it's not corny to say you are a better person!
  • OcalaGuy
    OcalaGuy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing tramsformation! You are so inspiring!
  • BiggMikeSurf
    BiggMikeSurf Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know how you feel. Being fit and healthy is it's own reward. Living an active life is so much fun. Keep it up, and indeed 2017 will be an awesome year for you. Well done!
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey! What an inspiration! Bravo!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Well done!! I can see how much happier you are.
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Your getting smaller but your smiles are getting bigger!!! Love it!! Good job!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Your smile and eyes say it all - that is true transformation. (insert clapping hands and very cheerful emojis) :) So happy for you and the hard work you are putting in yourself. It is certainly paying off, you look fantastic! Awesome progress pics too btw
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love the progression of the smile! The first row of pics your face is very somber and the smile just keeps growing as you progress :
  • peyton80
    peyton80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, well done! Thank you for sharing your spiritual growth along with your physical losses. :)
  • thelittlewoman_2000
    Options
    Your healthy weight is also your happy weight! Bravo.
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring post! You look great-- happy and healthy! Great job!
    Happy New Year!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Holy flaming fucktardoballs! You do not look like the same person (though the progress photos prove you are).
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!