Pre workout supplements,should i take them??

Options
Just wanna know if its a good idea to go that direction since Ive started to lift.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother, unless you want to have a shot of coffee or some form of caffeine.

I use my mental drive to push myself, I don't feel like preWO do anything for me!
  • jhdz95614
    jhdz95614 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nice, thanks for your input.
  • Supawilkins
    Supawilkins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey trying taking nitraflex but drink atleast a gallon of water everyday.
  • ZacLeNoel
    ZacLeNoel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I take pre workout only because im doing a physcial job 8hrs a day and by the time im done i need a little boost to get my asss to the gym.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    I would suggest as the person above to only use preworkouts on days you're tired. Only if you can afford it. If its gonna hurt your bank, coffee/caffeine pills do the trick. When I first started working out the sole reason why I was getting to the gym was preworkouts. All that extra energy that had to be expended. Was a good thing however when I first did a cycle off preworkout those were the worst days I had in the gym. Moral of the story don't become dependent on them. (was using old school craze so that could be why, that stuff was so good and so bad lol)

One of my favorite ones was betacount b-nox not overwhelming on the caffiene just stupid amounts of mental focus.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Do your research. Find out what's in pre-workouts, what their intended uses are and if there's any research their effectiveness. Then decide whether it's worth the money.
  • jhdz95614
    jhdz95614 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Fix the issues with diet and sleep before relying on a jolt of caffeine to get to the gym
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    www.examine.com and www.labdoor.com are a good place for supplement. But in general, you shouldn't worry about supplements until you address a lot of other stuff:

The-Pyramid-Of-Nutritional-importance.png