Anybody lose their cellulite when they lost weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    There's definitely been improvement since I started losing weight and adhering to a regular exercise program.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cellulite is caused by fibrous septa. These fibers are beneath the skin and connect from the skin to the fascia. Some of these are not as soft as in other areas of the body. The buttocks and thighs (especially on females) are one area where they are most obvious. Any amount of fat between these makes them yet even more apparent. There are procedures that can reduce the appearance of cellulite by stretching these fibers but the effect is temporary. Most of us would need to lose all but the amount of body fat needed to survive in order to completely eliminate the appearance of cellulite with out a procedure. Other people may have better luck depending on the elasticity of these fibers. The tendency of the pucker effect of these fibers seems to be all that concerns most people, which is why no one cares about these fibers in most places on their body. Some people find that massage helps as it moves the subcutaneous fat around over a period of time.
  • whiskeykittentoo
    whiskeykittentoo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A lot has to do with diet and the kind of muscle tone underneath the fat layer, as far as my research goes. Even at my skinniest, I had some cellulite on my thighs (never on my bum) but when I hit my 30's I found it creeping further up my thighs and onto my bum, and now in my 40's I have seen some improvement when I drop some weight, but have seen the most change in it when I eat correctly.
    We ALL have it - just some more than others.
    Pity we can't walk around with an airbrush and photoshop :smiley:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm nearly 50 and I lost 80 lbs and ran a shitload of miles, and I have no cellulite left, just some wrinkles, which I'm proud of.
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I had major cellulite, it's almost completely gone. I credit collagen (I put it in my oatmeal), because my body fat isn't that low (25%).
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    trudie_b wrote: »
    I had major cellulite, it's almost completely gone. I credit collagen (I put it in my oatmeal), because my body fat isn't that low (25%).

Collagen! Yes! I should have added this in my reply above.

I've been putting collagen in my daily protein smoothie (it's tasteless) for the past couple of years.

I also credit it to helping improving my skin's elasticity and reducing the cellulite.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    xMiracat wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody here who lost a big/small amount of weight saw a reduce in cellulite appearance? I hope that on my journey the cellulite on the back of my thighs and butt area goes down before I go ahead a buy a bunch of expensive creams lol. I thought I always had cellulite because I have thick thighs and butt lol.

If you want I would love to see before and after pictures too of your cellulite if you have any! :)

Thanks!

My boyfriend works in the laser industry and they sell the only FDA approved cellulite lazer removal, and they basically stout that it's the ONLY thing that can actually eliminate cellulite instead of reduce it. That being said, I started off with a good amount of cellulite (not terrible, but I noticed it) and now that is almost completely gone with the exception of one deep dimple that I get when I stand in "lunge" position. I weight train, I don't have much BF. But it's still there -_- I'm just accepting it. LOL
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Mine has diminished quite a bit, but I have so much loose skin on my thighs that my legs will never exactly be worth displaying in anything revealing.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Instead of collagen, I drink a lot of bone broth (chicken or beef). I make it myself, bones are super cheap from the butcher. Seems to make my skin look better...is that helping with reduced cellulite on my legs (not sure if it's the skin or just less fat).
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    trudie_b wrote: »

Collagen! Yes! I should have added this in my reply above.

I've been putting collagen in my daily protein smoothie (it's tasteless) for the past couple of years.

I also credit it to helping improving my skin's elasticity and reducing the cellulite.

Where do you get it, and in what form?
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Mine disappears completely when I'm under 130 lbs. (5'3.)
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I had cellulite on the front of my thighs. I lost around 55lbs and it disappeared completely - though I was exercising daily, so that probably helped.
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options

I buy the Bulletproof collagelatin from Amazon. I've tried the Great Plains one but found it tasted too salty.
  • sims92
    sims92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I still have a bit. I used to be 164 (I'm 5'3 and now I'm 100-105) and still have a little bit right under my butt on the back of my thigh. I do run too, so I'm not a skinny fat person with a low weight and loose flabby skin.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I put collagen powder in my coffee each morning. These are the two I go back and forth between (I keep an eye on the price on Amazon):

https://www.amazon.com/Collagen-Peptides-Grass-Fed-Certified-Friendly/dp/B00XQ2XGAA/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1483422713&sr=8-3&keywords=collagen

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-Gelatin-Collagen-Hydrolysate/dp/B005KG7EDU/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1483422713&sr=8-5&keywords=collagen

Haven't really noticed a difference between them - they dissolve completely, and the strong coffee flavour covers everything.
    I also occasionally make bone broth, but only after I have made a roast chicken or something. That's fantastic but I don't want it every day like I do coffee.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    I have had a bit of cellulite since I was in my early 30s. I was also very, very slender in my early 30s.

I didn't add to my cellulite when I gained weight so that was good, but it certainly did not disappear when I lost the weight again.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Still have cellulite, like most women.

Here's what weight loss (diet AND exercise) is doing for my legs:

foo2asa8bva2.jpeg

A lot less cellulite on inner and outer thighs.
  • crashmandi
    crashmandi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! it's great to hear that it reduces. I can't same I'm overly obsessed with mine disappearing but it's nice to know that if I lose a bit of weight it hopefully won't draw the eye if I'm wearing shorts quite so much