braggs apple cider vinegar

Options
msmindyf
msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
I have read a lot of good thing about this stuff...how do you intergrate it in what you already eat? And have you seen positive results as well?

I'm curious to hear your ideas/suggestions & opinions..

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I bought two bottles with the best of diet intentions, but I ended up using it on my hair and to kill stinkbugs. :P
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I take it with 8oz of water, as a shot.
    Some people make salad dressing out of it.
    Some people use it as an egg substitute in cooking: see http://www.thecookinginn.com/eggsub.html
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i love it... and add it to soups and sauces (after they are already cooked and off the heat).
    i love it a a 'condiment' on salads, and even drizzled on poached eggs and all sorts of meals and veg.

in fact i use it in place of salt for many many things.. i never drink it with water, prefer to use it on foods.. and usually 1-2 tblsps of it a day this way.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I drink it in the morning with 8 oz of water. Can't do the shot thing. This is an excellent way to de-acidify your body. The more alkaline your body the better your immune system will be. I've been doing a glass a day for 3 months now.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to give it a try. Unfortunately I live in a very rural area and you can't get good quality apple cider vinegar around here, so I've ordered the Braggs brand online.

ACV is supposed to aid in weight loss. It's generally believed that the nutrients, enzymes, and organic acids in it cause weight reduction by acting as an appetite suppressant, by increasing your body's metabolic rate, and also reducing water retention.

That coupled with the fact that it's known to slow the rise of blood sugar after a meal leads to the suggestion that the taking of apple cider vinegar with a meal reduces the amount of insulin required to process the meal resulting in weight loss.

Sounds good to me! :-)
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,043 Member
    Options
    When I was in my 20's and 30's, I used to take apple cider vinegar faithfully every day. I drank it in water and used it with olive oil and seasonings to make a salad dressing. That was the processed stuff though. It helped keep me from getting colds in the fall and winter and maybe helped keep my blood pressure low, but I used to also take a garlic tab everyday too.
    Now, I buy organic apple cider with the mother and the benefits on Bragg's website are as follows:

INTERNAL BENEFITS:
    •Rich in enzymes & potassium
    •Support a healthy immune system
    •Helps control weight
    •Promotes digestion & ph Balance
    •Helps soothe dry throats
    •Helps remove body sludge toxins (ooo, big UPPS here!)

EXTERNAL BENEFITS:
    •Helps maintain healthy skin
    •Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
    •Soothes irritated skin
    •Relieves muscle pain from exercise

Seems worth it to me to continue taking it daily.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have a huge gallon jug of it - haven't touched it in 18 months...I should start tapping into it again.
  • lrgarza82
    lrgarza82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh I take it 3x a day! I make a batch of iced tea and add 2 sweet N lows, 1-2 teaspoon Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar, and some lemon. It's absolutely delicious!

(My Fiance does it similarly. He uses green tea, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Still good!)
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I have a big gallon jug of it sitting on my counter. Tried it once in water, couldnt do it.
    Interested to hear how everyone drinks theirs.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    I use it as a topical solution for my skin. I also take 2 ACV tablets 3 times a day.
  • cappydos
    cappydos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to give it a try. Unfortunately I live in a very rural area and you can't get good quality apple cider vinegar around here, so I've ordered the Braggs brand online.

ACV is supposed to aid in weight loss. It's generally believed that the nutrients, enzymes, and organic acids in it cause weight reduction by acting as an appetite suppressant, by increasing your body's metabolic rate, and also reducing water retention.

That coupled with the fact that it's known to slow the rise of blood sugar after a meal leads to the suggestion that the taking of apple cider vinegar with a meal reduces the amount of insulin required to process the meal resulting in weight loss.

Sounds good to me! :-)
    I, too, live in a rural area, but happened to be near a natural foods market in the 'city' and found this stuff..can't wait to add it to my daily intake :-)
  • iluvmexicans
    iluvmexicans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use it as a topical solution for my skin. I also take 2 ACV tablets 3 times a day.

What does it do as a topical solution for skin? Do you use it for pimples or wrinkles?